iFrog Marketing Solutions is a fast-growing, technology-focused Marketing solutions company looking to grow our national footprint to an international name. What sets us apart? We believe that our passion is contagious, and strive to show it every day through hard work, outstanding customer service, and focused efforts! iFrog is currently looking to expand our Media Department and is hoping to add an excited, passionate, and dedicated Ad Operations (Ad Ops) Manager to the team.
The Ad Ops Manager’s main responsibility is to assist in the implementation and management of digital media campaigns, including multiple campaign timelines, gathering of assets, traffic instructions and creation of ad serving tags. The Digital Ad Operations Manager will execute, manage, troubleshoot, and optimize platform ads. The position will also be responsible for managing campaign reporting for internal and external purposes and helping the Media and Analytics Teams with projects as needed.
Duties of an Ad Ops Manager:
Knowledge of Third-Party Ad Servers (Google Campaign Manager/ DoubleClick DCM).
Help assist to resolve technical issues involved in running online ad campaigns.
Create a consolidated system for gathering digital inputs from clients; own traffic sheet inputs for communication with internal teams to guide media trafficking.
Be part of digital kickoffs with agency teams to understand the strategy behind the campaigns and digital assets needed; partner with internal teams on what’s technically possible and then compile and share best practices.
Champion dynamic creative processes (understanding the needs of creative and media) own the feed/document and addition or removal of assets, troubleshooting, etc., and partner closely with media and platform buying teams to execute against the strategy.
Drive the creation of technology tools to improve manual pieces of the process.
Ensure that the paid media team is deploying best-in-class strategy and execution of campaigns, aggressively testing to improve ROI and achieving desired results.
Manage client budgets, IOs and assist in internal forecasting updates to drive ongoing planning for staff and technology needs.
Work closely with internal departments and external partners to ensure that appropriate materials are received and/or distributed correctly.
Work with internal teams to build out digital campaigns according to insertion orders and KPI requirements.
Work with existing client naming conventions and controls of them. Also develop internal naming conventions across platforms for consistency in reporting and coordinate with the analytics team.
Traffic digital campaigns/placements including providing and assisting clients with the implementation of ad tags according to campaign requirements.
Perform quality assurance (QA) analysis of all aspects of digital campaigns including timelines, creative assets, landing pages, creative rotations and ad serving tags.
Troubleshoot all tag, delivery discrepancy, targeting, and trafficking issues.
Coordinate and meet all deliverables accurately and in a timely manner.
Engages with all work-related contacts in a professional and respectful manner.
Possesses mature and professional business acumen in personal and written communications.
Attends all status and client meetings when appropriate.
Demonstrate active listening skills and ability to apply learnings.
Required skills and experience:
Bachelor's Degree required
1 – 4 years industry experience
Strong knowledge of reporting tools
Strong analytical and organizational skills
Strong understanding of the digital advertising domain
Strong quantitative skills and experience with: Google Analytics; Google AdWords; Google Tag Manager; SEO
Experience with Business Manager in platforms: Facebook; Snapchat, Pinterest.
Experience with common DSP/exchange environments, especially Basis/Centro and
Experience with DMPs, such as Experian, Liveramp, Lotame
Experience using third party Ad Serving and Rich Media vendors such as Doubleclick, DCM Studio, etc.
Familiarity with common browser-based debugging tools.
Knowledge of third-party ad servers and rich media technology.
Preferred skills and experience:
Automotive T2 and T3 experience, preferred.
Prisma experience, preferred.
Simplifi experience, preferred.
Why join us?
- Relaxed and comfortable working environment- We want your work to speak for itself! Being comfortable allows more room to be creative!
- Our mission embodies the "PIRATES" mentality and includes Promises made promises kept,Invest in individuals and teams, Rethink everything, Act in service, Take ownership, Exceed expectations, and Solutions through innovation. If this aligns with your goals, let's talk!
- Our company will grow from a national name to a global name in the next 3-5 years.
- A collaborative, supportive, and creative team- we have to admit, our team is one of the best around! Once you step foot onto the pirate ship, you'll understand why!
- We stand at the corner of Marketing and Technology. Some of the company's more advanced offerings include AI and Machine Learning. Get used to being an innovator in the marketing technology world.
- A quickly growing company with endless opportunities for career advancement- often times you’ll hear, "Where do you see yourself going?” it's common here at iFrog and a mindset that we stand behind from our leadership team down!
- Some of our more traditional benefits include Health, Dental, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and Paid Sick Time. Some benefits that set us apart include paid parental leave, flexible work schedules, and employee-run committees dedicated to enhancing our workplace culture, and diversity.