The ASTM Additive Manufacturing Center of Excellence (AM CoE) was established in 2018 in response to the expansion of additive manufacturing technologies into new market segments as witnessed in recent years. Forging collaborations between industry, government and academia, ASTM AM CoE is well positioned to accelerate standards development and rolling out AM programs by reaching out to the growing AM community.
We are seeking an independent and creative Additive Manufacturing Sales and Marketing Manager within ASTM who is the key driver to develop, execute and manage marketing plans to support the growth of AM programs in order to enhance and drive brand image, messaging and positioning globally. The individual will be responsible for supporting this growth by creating a strategic plan to initiate sales and marketing strategies from implementation to completion. The AM Sales and Marketing Manager will lead the creation and development of long-term strategic marketing vision for the ASTM AM CoE. This individual who fills this role is also responsible for driving direction for the global sales and marketing function but not limited to:
1. Develop and implement regional (US/EU/APAC) sales and marketing plans including communications to promote ASTM AM activities effectively to drive aggressive growth outcomes defined collectively by the AM community
2. Coordinate with partners to develop appropriate sales and marketing and business plans focusing on regional business development and increased stakeholder engagement
3. Strategize and establish sales and marketing plans to meet targets through regular review of marketing activities and identify gaps for improvement
4. Collate, assemble and provide insights from sales and marketing activities to ASTM leadership
5. Define and structure sales and marketing programs that will lead to new business development engagements
6. Being a primary driver in marketing of ASTM AM CoE initiatives and activities by combining strategic thinking, creativity and hands-on approach to effectively executing impactful and scalable marketing campaigns.
In general, the Additive Manufacturing Sales and Marketing Manager will be the key focal point for engagement in all sales and marketing activities that will lead to and benefit business development. This individual will map out and identify Additive Manufacturing marketing opportunities globally. This individual must have a sound technical understanding beyond Additive Manufacturing technologies and relate to how it plays a critical role in Advanced Manufacturing and other emerging technologies. Gather, evaluate and analyze global AM market research trends and analysis and be a resourceful individual in order to collate, assemble, provide and deliver insights to ASTM leadership from various marketing activities. Being results oriented, the individual will develop sales marketing plans and define measurable goals and KPIs to achieve organizational business goals. This individual will also have to constantly outreach to the AM community, formulating strategies and plans to plug into the global Additive Manufacturing Ecosystem and beyond.
Specifically, the Additive Manufacturing Sales and Marketing Manager will:
• Work in a collaborative mode with colleagues across the Additive Manufacturing and related industries to meet marketing goals and objectives
• Identify sales and marketing opportunities and partnerships to launch, promote and advertise new business development programs and forge new partnerships
• Derive sales and marketing strategies and plans that are aligned to ASTM AM CoE’s goals
• Stay current with emerging trends and issues related to and beyond additive manufacturing space
• Assist the team to assess new emerging technologies, business partnerships, possible acquisitions and other related business ventures that are aligned to ASTM AM CoE’s goals
• Manage and lead negotiations and close marketing partnership agreements with different stakeholders from government agencies
• Identify and realize commercialization opportunities through different sales marketing strategies and channels
• Create new content and/or share content from existing advocates (speakers, partners, etc) to fill the gaps
• Responsible for improving, clarifying and streamlining introductory marketing collateral for Powder Proficiency Testing Program services, supporting sales, and extracting key information from PTP reports to share as marketing collateral
• Actively identify new potential organizations into ASTM’s PTP Program as well as Training and Certification programs
• Identify appropriate sponsors representing target market and maximize stakeholder engagement
• Provide high level guidance and insights to ASTM leadership as a result from various marketing activities.
• Examine internal communication vehicles to amplify various activities from sales and marketing plans
• Strive towards smart and digital excellence that will connect to the AM community globally
• Represent ASTM at conferences and trade shows in the additive manufacturing space or related areas
Please note that regular travel will be required for this position (approximately 20%).
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering or manufacturing or business or marketing field with at least 5 years of professional experience in technical sales or business development
• Excellent communication, organizational and negotiation skills in conducting sales and marketing activities in an international setting
• Ability to decipher market research reports and produce appropriate marketing content
• Self-starter and independent with the ability to manage multiple sales and marketing activities and engagements
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves and be on the ground for execution, implementation and completion
• Ability to work closely with a diverse collection of staff, technical committees, individual technical experts, and contractors
• Working and current knowledge of marketing, developing strategies and best practices
• Ability to think “big-picture” and connect opportunities to current or required organizational reality
• Comprehensive understanding of company’s strategies and industry trends
• Proven track record in developing and executing sales and marketing projects for brand portfolio in a global environment
• MBA with a specialization in Sales and Marketing
• 5–10 years of professional sales and marketing experience within additive manufacturing or related field in advanced manufacturing
• At least 5 years’ experience in product marketing fundamentals
• Knowledge of existing regulations requirements and standards
• Demonstrated leadership and ability to execute at scale in marketing programs, partnership management with the capability to juggle between multiple projects and priorities
• Excellent relationship management skills and ability to represent company at a global scale
•Proven record of influencing people without positional authority
• Critical thinker and decision maker, able to understand and relate what is best for the company
• Experience in developing, managing, and executing sales and marketing strategies
• Strategic vision with ability to propose, analyze, and articulate short-, medium- and long-term scenarios for additive manufacturing sales and marketing opportunities
• Understanding standards development in additive manufacturing technical committees
• Demonstrated history of developing and managing strategic partnerships
• Ability to derive win-win strategies for parties involved
About ASTM International
ASTM International is an international standards organization that develops and publishes voluntary consensus technical standards for a wide range of materials, products, systems, and services. Approximately 12,575 ASTM voluntary consensus standards operate globally. Defined and set by ASTM, these standards improve the lives of millions every day. Combined with our innovative business services, they enhance performance and help people around the world have confidence in the things they buy and use. The organization's headquarters is in West Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, about 5 mi (8.0 km) northwest of Philadelphia. Founded in 1898 as the American Section of the International Association for Testing Materials, ASTM International predates other standards organizations such as the BSI (1901), IEC (1906), DIN (1917), ANSI (1918), AFNOR (1926), and ISO (1947).
About ASTM AM CoE:
In March 2018, ASTM International—together with its partners Auburn University, NASA, and EWI—launched the ASTM AM CoE; they were quickly joined in May 2018 by the UK Manufacturing Technology Center (MTC), furthering the CoE’s international footprint and complementing its capabilities. In August 2018, NIAR joined the CoE as its first Strategic Partner. ASTM AM CoE’s founding partners’ mandate, in conjunction with various industrial partners, is to establish industry-specific additive manufacturing standardization, as well as qualification and certification practices, to accelerate and close standard gaps identified in the industry’s leading roadmaps (e.g., AMSC roadmap). Leveraging the resources of ASTM AM CoE, ASTM seeks to enhance and refine developed technologies by fostering new collaborations with industry and other government agencies. In tandem with these efforts, ASTM AM CoE also acts as a liaison between industry/government/academia and the standards development community to ensure that technologies are standardized to have the greatest impact on the economy and manufacturing sector while also meeting the needs of industrial and government stakeholders.
This job description is not intended to provide an all-inclusive listing of related job activities. Associates may be requested by management to perform other related activities in place of or in addition to those representative activities noted in this job description.
ASTM International is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.