Position Summary: This position will be responsible for treating patients by teaching them different exercises intended to strengthen or stretch muscles and alleviate pain. Additionally, this position will consult with the patients on their symptoms and developing a rehabilitation plan.
* Communicates patient status and needs to family members, staff, and other professionals.
* Develops treatment plans and therapy goals.
* Submits billing, payroll, and expense documentation.
* Consults with patients to learn about their physical condition and symptoms.
* Teaches patients how to properly use exercise techniques.
* Provides stimulation or massage.
* Uses equipment and devices to assist patients.
* Maintains patient records; keeps track of goals and progress.
* Advises patient and family about in-home treatment options and exercises.
* Maintains a high degree of confidentiality at all times due to access to sensitive information.
* Maintains regular, predictable, consistent attendance and is flexible to meet the needs of the department.
* Follows all Medicare, Medicaid, and HIPAA regulations and requirements.
* Abides by all regulations, policies, procedures, and standards.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements & Competencies:
* Must have a Bachelor's degree in physical therapy from an accredited program
* Must have completed the National Certification Examination for Registered Physical Therapists
* Must have physical therapy license in the state of practice.
* Must have 1 year of physical therapy experience.
* Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Must have a flexible schedule; this includes availability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
* Must be well organized, have excellent time management skills, and careful attention to detail
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled