Rocky Vista University in Parker, CO has an opening for a
Adjunct (Temporary) Assistant Professor of Pathology
RVU offers benefits that include paid vacation, sick, holidays and 401(K)
Demonstrate experience and expertise in biomedical or clinical education for predoctoral and/or postdoctoral students, provide service to the university and professional communities and engage in innovative scholarship and research to advance medical knowledge.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Direct the education and instruction of medical students and other health care professional students while providing mentorship and motivation for learning, research and scholarly activity in classroom environments, active learning groups, laboratory experience, and research opportunities.
- Establish and maintain scheduled office hours for student advising, tutoring, remediation, and consultation.
- Provide service to the university community and students through serving on COM and departmental committees, providing leadership, mentorship and expertise to student, participating in community outreach events and with professional organizations or groups as assigned by the Dean or Department Chair.
- Participate in curriculum development, assessment, and modification as a part of the university's ongoing quality improvement and assessment program.
- Participate in the assessment and evaluation of students and residents, provide feedback and remedial assistance to ensure that the students of the COM meet the standards established by the faculty and college and obtain the knowledge, skills and competency established.
- Participate in the assessment or evaluation of and provide feedback to other members of the faculty as a portion of the University's ongoing quality improvement and assessment program.
- Maintain a personal and professional development plan and portfolio, including documentation of teaching, professional development activities and plans, service provided to college and communities, scholarly activity, and research to assure personal growth and continued competency with specialty field.
- Demonstrate the highest standard of professionalism and ethical behavior in all aspects of personal and professional actions and performance.
- Demonstrate and role model an ongoing ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, supervisors, and support staff.
- Demonstrate adaptability and the willingness to assist the University and College in fulfilling its mission and vision though teaching, academic administrative duties (course/system coordinator), community service and/or perform special duties as assigned.
- Advance the prestige of the University and College through advancement of its mission and vision and advancement of your personal career.
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean or his/her designee.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist administration, faculty, and staff in special projects as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in the delivery of medical education.
- Demonstrate knowledge of varied curriculum templates.
- Demonstrate ability to mentor and motivate students and peers.
- Terminal degree (DO/MD degree) with eligibility for current Board Certification in appropriate area of specialization, if applicable.
- Demonstrated leadership and productivity in the areas of clinical or professional service, scholarly activity, medical research, or education.
- Good standing with all regulatory and governmental boards and agencies.
- Eligible for coverage by college's malpractice insurer if applicable.
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and drug screening.
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.