Baking Evening Instructor
Job Code: 1248
Department: Culinary Arts/Baking
Division: Career and Technical Education
Reports to: Dean of Career and Technical Education
Positions Supervised: None
Location: Technical Education Center
Instruct Baking-related courses for KCKCC at any assigned location. This is a POOL position. Application materials for this adjunct position accepted on an on-going basis due to increasing demand for courses in this subject area.
- Teach students using learner-centered pedagogy
- Teach various courses and labs in the Baking program, following course syllabi
- Prepare students for a job in the food industry
- Travel with students to various places for educational and competitive activities
- Assess students in the lab and classroom setting
- Demonstrate various cooking methods to the students
- Adhere to high standards of student products in the lab and classroom
- Attend meetings necessary to the college and department
- Prepare and complete any required paperwork necessary to teaching and the college
- Organize and execute catering and charity events utilizing students in the program
- Develop food product lists for every class taught to be turned into lab assistant
- Other duties as assigned by Lead Culinary Arts Instructor and Dean of Technical Education Center
Minimum Qualifications and/or Education
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Three (3) years industry-related experience which can be at an educational setting
- A valid driver’s license and ability to drive college vehicles
Preferred Qualifications and/or Education
- Associates degree in Culinary Arts, Baking/Pastry, Hospitality Management or other food industry-related degree
- One- Two (1-2) years teaching/training experience
- ServSafe certified. If not certified, must obtain the certificate within 90 days of employment
- Ability to follow and execute recipes adhering to strict industry standards
- Ability to work with a variety of students and prepare them for a career in the industry
- Knowledge of use and care of commercial kitchen equipment
- Have basic computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, talk, hear, walk, sit, and occasionally push or must be able to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
5:00 PM – 9:00 PM. Must be able to work a variable schedule/hour to meet operational needs. May require other hours as needed. Your appointment is contingent on sufficient enrollments, or on program and scheduling changes.
Pay grade level: N/A
Compensation: $883 per credit hour
Employee category: Faculty
Position Type: Adjunct Faculty/ POOL
FLSA status: Exempt
- As openings for adjunct faculty become available, candidates may be selected from this pool of applicants.
- Read the job announcement carefully noting the minimum qualifications and required information. Note that information contained in your application materials will be used to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. Make sure you complete/submit all the documents listed as required.
- During the application process, unofficial transcripts may be submitted. However, please note that upon selection for hire, you will be required to submit official transcripts.
- Ensure that your transcripts show that a degree was awarded or conferred if you are stating that it is your highest level of education completed. If you certify your level of education and it cannot be verified from your transcript(s), your application may not be referred to the selection committee.
- Foreign degrees are acceptable provided they have been translated and/or shown to have equivalency to a United States: Associate, Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate level degree.
- Documentation verifying completion of a degree, course work within a discipline, or other educational criteria should be electronically attached (uploaded) to your application.
- Three (3) professional references with phone number and email addresses are required.
- A college selection committee is responsible for application review and interviews. The final candidate(s) selected to be hired will be made by the hiring manager.
- Successful completion of a background check on all persons recommended for employment is required Individual hiring departments may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process.
***This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This job description may be revised upon development of other duties and changes in responsibilities.