Adjunct Electrical Engineering Technology
Cincinnati State is recruiting an Adjunct faculty member to provide classroom or online instruction for courses in the area of Electronics Engineering Technology. You should be fully committed to the Mission and Values of Cincinnati State.
- Deliver learning-centered instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement as well as effectively planning and preparing for classes and student success.
- Adequately prepare all course materials and lessons. Note preparation time will vary based on instructor experience in teaching the course.
- Provide each student with clear course expectations, evaluations and timelines through carefully written topical outlines and approved, standardized syllabus.
- Provide interesting and relevant assignments for students that demonstrate learning outcomes in a real-life setting
- Suitably challenge, engage, serve and communicate with students to encourage their participation and learning while maintaining mutual value and respect
- Complete grade books, final grade sheets, learning assessments and final exam assessments on a timely basis
- Ensure course and program learning outcomes are delivered as defined by the syllabus
- Maintain a paper or electronic record (i.e., spreadsheet or grade book) of each student's progress and has it available upon request by students and/or appropriate College personnel
- Facilitates meaningful learning of the course competencies in the curriculum and proactively supports all facets of the learning environment
- Promote student success by showing flexibility in style and work schedule as well as exhibiting a passion for teaching and students and engaging students in the learning process
- Design, administer, and grade examinations to assess achievement of course objectives as identified in the syllabus and as approved by the Academic Dean
- Complete as directed all end of term responsibilities, including submission of final grades, copies of exams, attendance records, and all other designated materials to the Academic Office
- Consult with the academic area chair or other appropriate College personnel on questions or issues involving course curricula, instructional strategies, and College policies and procedures
- Respond to requests (e.g., from students, academic area chairs, department heads, committee chairs, Records Office) in a timely and thorough manner.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Electrical Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or related Bachelor of Engineering degree
- At least 3 years industry or business experience in the teaching subject area
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to act effectively as a member of a team
- Ability to interact successfully with academic as well as business and regulatory personnel
- Some night or weekend hours may be required
- Master's Degree in the teaching subject area, or a closely related master's degree with 18 graduate credit hours in subject area
- Previous teaching experience in an academic environment
- 5 years' industry or business applied experience in the teaching subject area
- Experience with on-line teaching and/or instruction in higher education
- Experience working with students from diverse academic backgrounds and life experiences
- Ability to build or enhance proficiency in the use of diverse methods of classroom technology, and innovative instructional/academic support systems and programs
- Exhibits strong communication skills and serves as a role model for students in this area
- Is fully committed to the mission and values of Cincinnati State
- Demonstrates success and commitment as a team player
- Utilizes constructive feedback as an opportunity for growth and handles conflict and criticism effectively
- Ability to create a positive learning environment that is respectful and promotes the interests of students first, while setting appropriate expectations for student growth and success
- Demonstrated time management and detail-oriented skills
- Computer based software, analytical, and report writing skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet frequently occurring deadlines.
- Ability to develop a professional rapport with diverse school/campus constituents
- Ability to develop and complete projects without continued direct supervision
- Ability to learn from students' participation, demonstrates fair and consistent behavior in all matters, and shows compassion without being ineffectual
Candidate notification: Please note that due to the high volume of candidates applying for adjunct positions, we will only follow up with candidates who we are considering for an interview. Please be assured that we will keep your resume on file until the position is closed. Upload an unofficial copy of your transcript. If, chosen for the position your Official Transcripts will be required.
Details: Positions varies by semester
Report To: Associate Dean, Center for Innovative Technologies
Position Level: Adjunct Electrical Engineering Technology
Compensation: $550 per contact hour
Contract Affiliation: N/A
Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment
Cincinnati State, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.