Cincinnati State Technical and Community College invites candidates who are fully committed to the mission and values of Cincinnati State Technical and Community College to apply for the position of Adjunct English. You will be responsible for classroom instruction for courses in English. Only faculty who have taught in-person on a Cincinnati State campus will be considered for online teaching assignments.
- Instruct students in all aspects of English Composition, including but not limited to the writing process, rhetoric, research and documentation
- Create syllabi, course materials, and assignments to support course learning outcomes as defined by the English Department and State of Ohio
- Ensure that students achieve course learning outcomes as defined in the syllabus
- Maintain electronic records (using Blackboard) of student performance, progress, and attendance
- Complete, as directed, all start and end of term responsibilities, including submission of no-show rosters and final grades
- Master's degree in English Literature, Professional/Technical Writing, or related master's degree with 18 graduate credit hours in English and Literature
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Three years of teaching or industry experience
- Experience using online learning management systems (Blackboard)
- Experience working with students from diverse academic backgrounds and life experiences
- Ability to employ a range of classroom/instructional technologies
- Flexible availability, including evening and weekends
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to create an engaging learning environment that respects a wide variety of viewpoints
- Effective time management skills
- Proficiency with online communication and record-keeping
- Ability to work independently without ongoing direct supervision.
- Sensitivity to the needs and concerns of diverse student populations, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, and students with disabilities.
- Ability to take and deliver constructive criticism
- Ability to meet deadlines
Reports To: Associate Dean
Position Level: Adjunct Instructor
Compensation: $550.00 per contact hour
Job Category: Non-Bargaining
Contractual Affiliation: N/A
Exempt Classification: Exempt
Candidate notification: Please note that due to the high volume of candidates applying for adjunct positions, we will only follow up with candidates who are being considered for an interview. Please be assured that we will keep your resume on file until position is closed.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment, Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.