Clinical Psychology Adjunct Faculty Position
Saybrook University, a non-profit accredited graduate school using a hybrid distance/residential learning model, seeks Part-time Adjunct Faculty in the Department of Humanistic & Clinical Psychology, Clinical Psychology degree program. Applicants are invited to join a stellar faculty that mirror the accomplishments of their students and graduates. Many are leaders in their respective fields, particularly in the American Psychological Association, and are well published scholar-practitioners and social activists.
The Department of Humanistic and Clinical Psychology houses three degree programs: MA in Psychology, PhD in Psychology, and PhD in Clinical Psychology; each of which are designed for those students who are genuinely committed to the application of humanistic principles and to being change agents in their world. Through disciplined inquiry dedicated to alleviating human suffering on multiple levels, graduates of Saybrook University make significant contributions to better our understanding of human behavior. By developing and improving programs and services in private industry, non-profit community organizations and government agencies, our graduates use their education to improve their local communities as well as the world as a whole. While preparing students to sit for licensure in many states, our PhD in Clinical Psychology program is specifically focused on the knowledge and practical skills needed to enter professional practice.
Position starts August 1, 2018 or until filled.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsive and timely communication with Program Director and Assistant Program Director
- Course Delivery/Development and Syllabus Review/Updating
- Deliver high quality innovative on-line courses that foster critical thinking
- Ensure high academic standards and quality aligned with program goals
- Coordination of course offerings and catalog documentation
- Potential to design innovative, progressive, and clinically responsive courses
- Attend a university-wide adjunct faculty meeting per academic year
- Attend CP degree meeting where possible
- Residential Conferences
- Potential for presenting workshops, course introductions, clinical training, and attending meetings
- Earned doctorate in psychology or highest degree for discipline
- Licensed as a Clinical Psychologist or licensed practitioner in discipline
- Previous experience in faculty leadership roles, particularly with regard to curriculum development and working across departments
- Demonstrated scholarship, clinical practice, and/or accomplishments in the fields of humanistic, existential, multiculturalism, and/or transpersonal psychologies
- Relevant supervision and teaching experience at the doctoral level (with preference for those with online teaching experience), including supervision of dissertation research
- Commitment to multicultural and humanistic principles
- Experience with the application of humanistic, transpersonal, and/or existential psychologies (or related theoretical orientations)
- Clinical experience with ethnically diverse and/or other special populations
- Proximity to the Oakland Campus (Bay Area) is desirable, yet not required
- Strong commitment to the goals and vision of Saybrook University
- Able to offer on-line instruction regarding diverse theoretical perspectives
- Committed to excellence in teaching, practice, and research (experiences with on-line instruction is desirable)
- Critical thinker
- Thinks strategically and works collaboratively
- Affectively honest and open, with a high level of personal integrity
- Communicates effectively
- Consults with colleagues at all levels
- Well organized and able to meet complex workload demands
- Strong commitment to equity, to diversity, and to multiculturalism in education and in faculty employment.
Saybrook University offers a generous compensation and benefits package. Some of our key benefits include: paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, and multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA),
Saybrook University is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
About Saybrook University:
Saybrook University was founded over 40 years ago by some of the greatest minds of the 20th century and continues to inspire a new generation of innovators. A non-profit regionally accredited university known for its commitment to humanistic studies and rigorous research, Saybrook University’s academic model puts the student at the center of everything we do to provide a unique, transformational, learning experience. Saybrook offers advanced degrees in organizational systems, psychology, mind-body medicine, and counseling, all in flexible learning formats to help students continue to be active contributors to the fields they work in while they advance their education. Saybrook University is proud to be a diverse, inclusive community of creative, compassionate innovators dedicated to pursing new ways of thinking and doing for our professions, organizations, and communities.
For more information, visit www.saybrook.edu
Saybrook University offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Saybrook University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.