School of Nursing
Online Program: Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Part Time Adjunct Faculty (multiple positions)
General Summary: The School of Nursing Online Program is seeking applicants for a Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner. This program is rapidly growing and we are in constant need of new faculty. Candidates must possess the ability to teach through an online learning platform a broad range of courses from our online nursing program. Online teaching experience required with knowledge of online best practices through related continuing education or other. Primary responsibilities include: Teaching nursing students admitted at various entry points (for example, associate degree through post-master's), course evaluation. A doctoral degree in nursing or related field (e.g., DNP/PhD/EdD) is preferred, a Master's Degree in nursing with an active Nurse Practitioner license with certification required, and an unencumbered nursing licensure required. Reports to the Associate Dean of Online Nursing and works collaboratively with the Dean of Nursing, Associate Dean of Graduate Nursing and with Graduate Program Directors and in partnership with Pearson Embanet (Pearson).
- Online teaching content via online learning platform (didactic and/or practicum content)
- Problem-solve and provide oversight in online courses
- Maintain ongoing, clear, and consistent communication with students
- Maintain ongoing, clear and consistent communication with the Associate Dean of Online Nursing and others as necessary
- Maintain expertise in online teaching methodologies
- Maintain active licensure and certification in nursing and advanced practice specialty as appropriate
- Per Regis College faculty handbook guidelines
- Doctoral Degree: preferred (in process accepted); Master's Degree in Nursing: Nurse Practitioner Certification; CNE preferred or; A minimum of 2 courses in Education and/or online teaching course work/continuing education.
- Active and unencumbered RN/APRN licensure in home state.
- Teaching Experience: Immediate experience in teaching online; Prior experience with Excel, M. Word, Jing/Screencast, various learning platforms, Skype, IM, synchronous meeting.
- Consistent and reliable internet access; Reliable personal computer; consistent and reliable phone service
- Work at a distance, home based. Normal office environment, not subject to extremes in temperature, noise, odors, etc.
- May spend extended periods at terminal, on telephone, or operating other office machines, requiring eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity.
Please email a letter of interest, CV, and contact information for 3 professional references to the Associate Dean of Online Nursing, School of Nursing at email@example.com
referencing the name of the position in the subject line of the email.
In employment, as in education, Regis College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer