TheAugustaCampus of Georgia Military College invites applications for an Adjunct Instructor for Computer Information Systems, Computer Science and Cyber Security. GMCAugustaoperates on an accelerated quarter system offering five terms per year. This position within Academic Affairs will report directly to the department chair of Mathematics, Business and Computer Information Systems. This is an adjunct faculty position paid on per course tem contract. The ideal candidate will be able to teach a variety of computer sciencecourses. Ideal applicant would be able to teach day, evening, and/or weekend courses. Georgia Military College focuses on providing learner-centered education that is active and engaging. Faculty members prepare students to transfer to a four-year institution to complete their liberal arts track.
Applicationsmustinclude all of the following:
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Teaching Philosophy
- Unofficial copies of all transcripts
- Names and contact information for 3 professional references
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
*Criminal background check and drug screen must be cleared before any candidate may begin working.
Georgia Military College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Master’s degree
- A minimum of 18 semester hours/30 quarter hours of graduate level coursework incomputer science, management information systems, computer engineering, software engineering, information technology Cyber Security or a related field of study in computer science.
Preferred and additional experience:
- Additional graduate and undergraduate coursework beyond base qualifications incomputer programming I and II sequence, programming languages, web design, human–computer interaction, user interface design, usability engineering, networking,information security, information assurance, network security, distributed systems security, cyber security,data analysis and design, data mining,management information systems
- Prior college level teaching experience in the field ofcomputer science, management information systems, computer engineering, software engineering, information technology, cyber security or a related field of study in computer science.
- Experience teaching freshman and sophomore level courses incomputer science, management information systems, computer engineering, software engineering, information technology, cyber security, or a related field of study in computer science.
- Experience in a Community College environment is preferred.
- Ability to teach day, evening, and/or weekend courses.
- Experience with online learning management systems is a plus.