Overview: Classroom instruction for courses in the following areas
- Astronomy, Earth Science
- Deliver learning-centered instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement, as well as effectively planning and preparing for classes and student success.
- Prepare all course materials and lessons. Note preparation time will vary based on instructor experience teaching this course.
- Provide each student with clear course expectations, evaluations and timelines through carefully written topical outlines and approved, standardized syllabus.
- Provide Interesting and relevant assignments for students that demonstrate learning outcomes in a real-life setting.
- Challenge, engage, serve and communicate with students to encourage their participation and learning while maintaining mutual value and respect.
- Complete Blackboard grade books, attendance rosters, final grade sheets, learning assessments and final exam assessments on a timely basis.
- Ensure course and program learning outcomes are delivered as defined by the syllabus.
- Maintain a paper or electronic record (i.e., spreadsheet or grade book) of each student's progress and have it available upon request by students and/or appropriate College personnel.
- Engage students in meaningful learning activities that align with the course learning outcomes and proactively support all facets of the learning environment.
- Promote student success by showing flexibility in style and work schedule (i.e., doing lab make-ups and helping students) as well as exhibiting a passion for teaching and the learning process.
- Design, administer, and grade examinations to assess achievement of course learning outcomes as identified in the syllabus and as approved by the Physics Department Chair.
- Complete as directed all end of term responsibilities, including submission of final grades, copies of exams, and all other designated materials to the appropriate office(s).
- Consult with the Physics Department Chair or other appropriate College personnel on questions or issues involving course curricula, instructional strategies, and College policies and procedures.
- Master's Degree in the teaching subject area, or a Master's degree in a closely related field with a cohesive set of at least 18 graduate semester hours in the subject area from a regionally accredited institution.
- A minimum of one year of teaching experience at a regionally accredited post-secondary institution, or a minimum of two years as a teaching assistant at a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
- Experience with or commitment to learn and use the College's Learning Management System, Blackboard.
- Available to teach day or evening classes at campuses around the city.
- Two years teaching experience at a regionally accredited post-secondary institution (teaching or research assistant experience does not meet this qualification).
- Experience teaching in a community college.
- Experience with on-line teaching and/or instruction in higher education.
- Proven success in addressing the needs of students from diverse cultures and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities.
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment.
- Commitment to student excellence and continued improvement of instruction.
- Ability to use a computer and software used in academic settings.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse professional, community, and student population.
- Possess good organizational and planning skills.
Details:Positions varies by semester
Reports To:Associate Dean, Humanities and Sciences
Position Level:Adjunct, Physical Science
Comp. Range:$550 per contact hour for new adjuncts
Equal Opportunity Employer- Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment.
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.