Adjunct, Introduction to Political Science
St. Clair County Community College is accepting resumes for part-time instructors (adjunct faculty).
If there is not a specific vacancy in your area of interest at this time, your information will be available to the hiring manager for possible future consideration.
Classification:Part-Time, on a semester basis
FLSA Status:Exempt, Hourly
2019/2020 Academic Year
Master's degree (or higher) rate = $565 per contact hour
Contact hours vary depending on course offering
- Teaching assignment may include a full range of undergraduate courses within the Political Science program
- Teaching responsibilities include teaching, maintaining scheduled office hours, and advising students
- Participation in developing and improving academic courses
- Morning, afternoon, evening and online offerings may be available
Apply online through the “Apply” link listed below. Please fax unofficial copies of college transcripts fromALL institutions attended to 810-989-5577 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
JOB SUMMARY: To design and deliver instruction to students.
- Prepare and deliver academic instruction, including developing syllabi, developing content and administering assessments
- Maintain and submit necessary class records, including early alert and final grade reports and attendance verification for financial aid compliance
- Participate in student grade appeal procedures
- Observe college calendar
- Post and maintain conference hours
- Participate in assessment of student learning and assessment reporting according to assessment plan
- Master’s Degree in Government, International Relations, or Political Science; or Master’s Degree with 18 graduate hours in Government, International Relations, or Political Science
- Teaching experience at the higher education level preferred
- All academic degrees must be from a regionally accredited college or university
- Ability to maintain good relationships with students, staff, and community members
For Further information, contact SC4 Human Resources at HR@SC4.edu or call 810-989-5534