The Point Loma Nazarene University community is, and intends to be, a decidedly Christian community, as exhibited by our shared beliefs, corporate practices, and Christlike character.
JOB SUMMARYThe Department of Chemistry is accepting applications for an adjunct pool for the 2020-201 academic year. As specific needs for adjuncts are not always known, applicants who meet the initial review for qualifications will be placed into an adjunct pool for consideration as positions become available.
Adjuncts must have knowledge of instructional strategies and techniques appropriate to teaching undergraduate level courses. Adjuncts are also expected to have knowledge of ways to instruct, manage, motivate and evaluate students as well as the ability to write syllabi.
- Masters in a specified discipline from an accredited college. Doctorate preferred.
- Commitment to teaching excellence required. A minimum of one year teaching experience in higher education preferred.
- Ability to learn relevant sections of Point Loma Nazarene University's online integrated database system for student grading.
- Ability to successfully interact with students, other educators and educational institution representatives, and the general public in a professional manner.
The number of adjunct instructors hired varies from semester to semester, depending upon the needs of the department. Please realize that there may not presently be an adjunct position available.
When an opening becomes available for which you would be a good match, the department chair will be in contact with you for further dialogue, interviews, etc.
Approved applicants will remain in the adjunct pool for the upcoming school year only. To be reconsidered for the following school year, applicant will need to reapply. If hired, official transcripts will be required from all undergraduate and graduate universities attended before a contract is issued.
At the time of completing application, you will need the following documents to upload:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- 2 Letters of References (for confidential references, have letters sent to the Department Chair or email@example.com)
- Unofficial Transcripts for highest degree completed
- 3 Teacher Evaluations (if available)
PLNU is a vibrant Christian liberal arts university in the evangelical, Wesleyan tradition with an undergraduate and graduate student body of around 4000 including over 40% students of color. PLNU seeks to attract an active, culturally and academically diverse faculty of the highest caliber, skilled in the practice of teaching and scholarship. In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide quality educational and employment opportunities, PLNU actively encourages applications from members of underrepresented groups in higher education.
Point Loma Nazarene University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices or procedures. In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide quality educational and employment opportunities, PLNU actively encourages applications from members of underrepresented groups in higher education.