We are currently looking for an entry-level Administrative Assistant to join a strong team of business professionals. This position will provide office services by implementing administrative systems, procedures, and policies, and monitoring administrative projects. If you enjoy variety in your work and a professional environment, than look no further! Recent college graduates and entry level talent is encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities for Administrative Assistant
- Schedule and organize complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for all members of the department
- Creates and develops visual presentations for the management
- Establish, develop, maintain, and update filing system for the department
- Retrieve information from data system and establish, develop, maintain, and update log journals and files
- Organize and prioritize large volumes of information and drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary. Responds to regularly occurring requests for information
- Take messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions.
- Act as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including high-level staff. Handle confidential and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary
- Act as project manager for special projects, at the request of management
- Coordinate and design general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc. Proofread copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy
Transferable Skills for Administrative Assistant
- Attention to detail - careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks
- Administrative Skills - knowledge of administrative procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Communication - express ideas clearly in both written and verbal correspondence, listen effectively, and share information appropriately with persons inside and outside the organization
- Initiative - proactively take on new responsibilities and challenges using good judgment to balance and maintain all projects
- Organizing and planning - develop specific goals and benchmarks to prioritize, organize and accomplish your work in a timely manner
Requirements for Administrative Assistant
- Bachelor's degree
- (Possible degrees we would Consider: Advertising, African-American Studies, Anthropology, Art History, Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Creative Writing, Criminal Justice, Economics, English, Film and Video, Finance, Fine Arts, French, Geology, History, Journalism, International Studies, Linguistics, Mathematics, Philosophy, Psychology, Religion, Russian Studies, Sociology, Spanish, Speech, Statistics, Theater and more).
- All majors are welcomed to apply!
Similar job titles that we would consider: Administrative Assistant, Executive Assistant, Operations Assistant, Office Admin, Admin Assistant, Office Manager, Office Assistant, Corporate Assistant, Operations Manager, Receptionist, Front Desk Receptionist, General Office Assistant, Office Administrative Assistant, Receptionist/Office Assistant, Customer Service/Office Assistant, HR Assistant, Human Resources Assistant, Scheduling Assistant, Corporate Administrative Assistant, Secretary, Office Support, Office Support Assistant.