Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The Chubb organization seeks an individual with strong administrative expertise to join us as an Administrative Assistant. This role allows the right candidate exposure to three key areas of administration:
∙ Executive Support
∙ Corporate Liaison/Communications
∙ Business Operations
This role, located in New York City, will provide the successful candidate the opportunity to perform the executive administrative duties for the New York Regional Executive Officer..
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Superior image and communication skills
- A keen ability to multitask and demonstration of exceptional organizational skills
- Corporate poise, polish and presence
- Displayed ability to interact effectively and efficiently with all levels of the organization
- An ability to anticipate the business needs both on a routine and a per case basis
- A proven track record in supporting the objectives of a senior executive(s)
- An ability to organize executive travel, meetings, staff functions and recurring business events
- A high level of accessibility
- Utmost professionalism and confidentiality
- A mastery of Microsoft Office, especially in preparing presentations in PowerPoint and generating reports from multiple data sources in Excel
- Independent decision making ability
- An ability to establish, maintain and update files
- The decorum to screen phone calls and visitors; re-routing callers to other departments when necessary
- A history of maintaining records, statistics, and reports regarding personnel changes, etc.
- The commitment to administer programs, projects, and/or processes specific to the operating unit served
- 10 years of demonstrated competence in executive administrative assistant functions
- High degree of professionalism and a demonstrated ability to handle confidential information
- Displayed ability to take initiative and foresight to anticipate needs
- Self-starter with a can-do attitude able to manage in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to deal with shifting priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Strong time management, planning, budgeting and organizing skills.
- Proven ability in planning, prioritizing, and organizing diverse workload
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy in process and results
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Power Point
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
New York-1133 Ave of the Ameri
New York 10036