Key leadership role reporting to the Branch GM. Manages and performs administrative, accounting and inventory functions at a distribution facility. Duties include: invoicing, stock receiving, shipping, accounts payable / receivable, and time approval. Works closely with Sales and Operations leadership, Corporate Finance & Accounting, and HR, sales, customers, vendors and other support personnel to ensure process integrity and superior customer service.
About BlueLinx Holdings Inc.BlueLinx (NYSE: BXC) is a leading wholesale distributor of building and industrial products in the United States with over 50,000 branded and private-label SKUs, and a broad distribution footprint servicing 40 states. BlueLinx has a differentiated distribution platform, value-driven business model and extensive cache of products across the building products industry. Headquartered in Marietta, Georgia, BlueLinx has over 2,200 associates and distributes its comprehensive range of structural and specialty products to approximately 15,000 national, regional, and local dealers, as well as specialty distributors, national home centers, industrial, and manufactured housing customers.
- Understands the company’s vision, mission, and strategy; understands business unit objectives and sets/accomplishes individual performance goals accordingly.
- Collaborate with and foster a good working relationship with Sales and Operations teams.
- Timely and accurate processing of Sales Orders, Credit Memos, PO transactions utilizing relevant resources in A/R as needed.
- Inventory – accuracy of inventory related data in Agility from receiving to cycle counts to inventory adjustments.
- Accounts Receivable – Partner with Credit and A/R for setup of new accounts and managing past due accounts.
- Accounts Payable – Ensure adherence to expense Chart of Authority, timely completion of A/P reconciliation, daily invoicing for warehouse inventory and direct billing.
- Associate onboarding, time approval, and central point of contact for communications.
- Works with branch sales team to ensure orders are processed and released.
- Reviews all stock received, purchase orders and computer reports for accuracy.
- Coordinates with Operations management on all rail and truck shipments.
- Leads team; selects/hires; develops objectives; coaches and evaluates performance.
- Ensures direct reports obtain applicable training and development opportunities to enhance performance, development, and contributions to the company.
- Holds direct reports accountable for individual and team performance.
- Addresses performance issues appropriately and timely.
Knowledge of finance and accounting transactions in a warehousing environment / distribution center.
Knowledge and experience in inventory control, material/stock handling/storage, and building products.
Detail-oriented and ability to multi-task.
Strong problem analysis/ resolution, organization, time management, communication and interpersonal skills.
Process improvement and operating efficiency knowledge. Proficiency using DMSI Agility, Microsoft Office Suite Software and relevant tools / technology.
Associates degree in accounting or related field. BS / BA Degree in related field preferred.
Years of experience: 5+ years experience preferred