The Administrative Manager is responsible for assisting and working directly with the Chairman of the Department of Pediatric Dentistry, the Director of Advanced Education in Pediatric Dentistry, the faculty and the residents of the Advanced Education in Pediatric Dentistry Program. They shall perform all responsibilities relative to the day to day operational needs of the Department of Pediatric Dentistry including but not limited to the overall budget and financial activity for the clinic & academic office; supporting the Dept. Chair in various administrative tasks and strategic initiatives; overseeing and facilitating the admissions process with the Program Director; managing grants and interacting with the Office of Research to ensure compliance and grant success. The Administrative Manager has two direct reports and is responsible to supervise, provide direction, and guidance to i) the Administrative Program Coordinator regarding duties and responsibilities related to the day to day needs of the Advanced Education in Pediatric Dentistry and DScD and MSD programs; and, 2) the manager of the pediatric dental clinic at BMC.
- Bachelor Degree in the Health Professions, Public Health, Business Administration or similar; Graduate degree a plus
- 3-5 years of work experience
- Administrative management work experience in a service industry managing the day to day operations of a significant program or working as a Program Manager in a non-academic setting such as a HealthCare environment. Must have some grant management experience
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills both written and spoken.
- Must have intermediate to advanced computer skills that include Excel, Word and Powerpoint and databases.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.