The Office of Public Health Preparedness (OPHP) is a division of the Boston Public Health Commission (BPHC). The mission of OPHP is to enhance community, public health, and healthcare system resilience in order to prepare for, respond to, and recover from emergencies that impact the health of the public. OPHP envisions a resilient Boston through healthy, informed, and connected communities that are supported every day and during emergencies by strong, integrated public health and healthcare systems. This position supports projects and programs across OPHP. Learn more about us at www.bphc.org/preparedness and https://delvalle.bphc.org.
Under the direction of the Program Manager for Administration & Finance, the Administrative Analyst supports the OPHP mission as follows:
* Provide administrative support: Support administrative needs of the office's functions including course preparation, managing materials, preparing for on-site and community events, booking rooms, receiving packages and other administrative office duties to ensure efficient day to day operations.
* Manage logistics: Support event and course delivery process including scheduling meetings and trainings, managing registration, responding to inquiries from students/participants, setup and breakdown, promotion, technical support, and follow-up after courses and events. Host webinars.
* Answer general information inquiries: Direct participants and interested parties to appropriate resources. Respond to inquiries and maintain liaison with various external agencies to provide information concerning disaster response, training opportunities, meetings, and related office matters; collaborate with various private, state, local and federal agencies, area health care providers, and other organizations to exchange information and /or assist in resolution of problems.
* Assist in management of online systems: Provide support for management of systems including Moodle and Adobe Connect as needed and maintain multiple databases.
* Collect data: Ensure accurate record keeping; assist in reporting for grant funders and internal use as well as prepare reports and briefing materials to provide information on status of all projects, as well as recommendations for future action.
* Represent OPHP: Attend meetings, conferences and other events as needed. May participate in trainings and other educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of emergency preparedness, response, and recovery field.
* Creates promotional materials: Assist with developing, distributing, and editing plans, communications, brochures, and other programmatic materials, including online newsletters, advertising courses/events and notifying the community of opportunities for training and outreach.
* Staffs the MIC: Respond during emergencies affecting public health and healthcare and maintains an ongoing awareness of all OPHP plans, protocols and procedures for daily and emergency operations.
* Collaborates with other OPHP staff: Manage inventory and logistics for various OPHP response and recovery equipment and supplies. Coordinate with staff on various projects as needed.
* Core competencies include, among others, the ability to: describe the agency role and chain of command in emergency response; demonstrate her/his role in regular drills; adapt to and support rapidly changing and evolving emergencies, and recognize deviations from the norm that might indicate an emergency and take/ facilitate appropriate action(s) such as communicating clearly within the chain of command.
* May supervise interns. Performs other duties as required.
BA/BS required, field related to education, technology or public health preferred; OR 2 years of equivalent experience in an administrative, public health, emergency management, or related field may be substituted for undergraduate degree.
* Knowledge of the types and applications of standard office/business filing and recordkeeping systems and of clerical office/business practices is required.
* Demonstrated knowledge & experience with MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
* Ability to write clear, concise reports, and to follow and to give clear written and oral instructions is essential.
* Ability to analyze and interpret information and data required.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential, as are the abilities to work as a member of a team, and establish and maintain professional working relationships with others.
* Exceptional organizational skills are required as is a demonstrated knowledge of the project management process.
* Ability to meet deadlines and manage projects under stressful conditions is required.
* High degree of accuracy and attention to detail, as well as meeting deadlines is required.
* Ability to produce accurate work rapidly, to check and verify information, and complete assignments independently required.
* Proven ability to use web-based systems and editing tools strongly preferred.
* Customer service experience is a plus.
* Has obtained or is willing to obtain Certified Emergency Manager/Associate Emergency Manager (CEM/AEM) certification to meet recognized industry standards.
* Highly developed conceptual and analytical skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled