Administrative Assistant - Accounting Department
A.I.S., Inc. has an opening for an administrative assistant in the accounting department. The successful candidate will be responsible for processing a high volume of employee expense reports and assisting with other accounting projects as assigned. Your excellent communication skills, problem solving abilities, attention to detail and commitment to meeting deadlines will help you shine in this role. A.I.S. is experiencing unprecedented growth and has recently relocated operations to a new corporate headquarters in North Dartmouth MA.
Collecting, reviewing and approving employee expense reports.
- Understand and apply complex expense reimbursement rules while assuring billable expenses are coded properly to jobs and employees are reimbursed in a timely fashion.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of the organization to solicit information and meet deadlines. Assist managers with securing travel information from subordinates.
- Develop and conduct expense reporting training sessions for new hires.
- Work with team members to resolve problems in a fast paced environment.
Assist with facility coordination
- Work with outside vendors that provide services for corporate headquarters.
- Responsible for securing competitive bids for services and supplies as directed by manager.
- Issuing and tracking purchase orders as directed by manager
- Assure subcontractor agreements are tracked and payments made according to terms.
Contribute as a member of a team that will evaluate and recommend software applications for company wide employee expense reporting.
Provide administrative support during the preparation of customer invoices to assure deadlines are met.
Maintain electronic and paper files according to company standards.
Other responsibilities as assigned by manager.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Minimum of high school diploma. Some college level business course work preferred.
- One to two years of relevant job experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to streamline work, improve efficiency and meet goals.
- Ability to research and recommend solutions to business problems
- Accustomed to working independently.
- Must work well with others.
- Strong math and computer skills.
- Experience with QuickBooks, Excel and ADP Workforce Now.
This is a full time position • Must be able to work in the U.S. • VEVRAA Federal Contractor • Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals • Equal Opportunity Employer • Please apply at https://aisobservers.com/careers/ • For more information please visit the AIS, Inc. website www.aisobservers.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of A.I.S. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our employees and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.