- Position Summary & Duties Responsible
Under general supervision perform administrative and business-related duties in support of a department; draft correspondence and write reports; assign work and train entry-level clerical staff.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to requests for department-related information from the public or other County departments.
- Maintain records pertaining to daily transactions and business detail of the department such as time records, budget expenditures, preparation of personnel actions, etc.
- Order supplies and equipment.
- Draft responses to correspondence; research and write periodic and special interest reports reflecting the operation and functions of the department.
- Provide typing/word processing assistance for the department; answer telephone, transfer calls and take messages when necessary.
- Attend meetings as a representative of the department as assigned.
- Responsible for maintenance of department files.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Associate's degree in business or secretarial administration, plus 2 years office/clerical experience.
- OR a combination of post-secondary education in business administration or a related field and/or office/clerical experience totaling 4 years.
- May be required to demonstrate ability in word processing using correct grammar, spelling, punctuation and format.
- Ability to communicate in oral and written English.
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and practices.
- Ability to operate standard office machines including typewriter, computer, copier, fax machine, calculator and multi-line telephone system.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with the public, supervisors, and co-workers.
- Ability to set priorities for self and others.
- Supplemental Information
Screening and Compliance
The offer of this Bernalillo County position requires compliance with the following:
- Employee must successfully complete the post-offer employment medical examination.
- Employee must comply with the safety guidelines of the County.
- All essential duties are performed indoors.
- Duties are performed in a temperature controlled environment.
- Duties are performed on an even surface, which may be carpeted or tile. Working surface is typically dry.
- Worker often works alone both with or without directions from supervisor.
Equipment, Tools and Materials
- Equipment typically used in the performance of office duties include telephone, computer terminal, computer printer, computer keyboard, typewriter, photocopy machine, fax machine and calculator.
- Materials and products handled in the course of performing essential duties include files, forms, reports, various types of paperwork, and a wide variety of basic office supplies.
COUNTY OF BERNALILLO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Overall Job Objective