We are currently seeking an Executive Administrative Assistant, this position serves as the Administrative Assistant to the Board of Directors and President/CEO and will provide support to the Senior Leadership team, upon request. Provides administrative support such as managing calendars and appointments, meeting preparation, coordinating travel, expense reimbursements and mail distribution. Serves as the primary point of contact for the Board of Directors; and supports their activities on behalf of the Credit Union.
Location: 1509 Baltimore Dr., Ames, IA 50010
Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm and attendance of once a month nightly board meetings.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the overall administrative functions for Board and Senior Leadership Team meetings, including scheduling, notification to all applicable parties as appropriate, preparation and distribution of documents, and verification of attendance. Creates monthly calendar of Board/Committee and Senior Leadership Team meetings and forwards to appropriate parties. Maintains meeting room setup and coordinates catering for internal and external meetings.
- Attends meetings, responsible for documentation including minutes generation, distribution, and storage of Committee and Board meetings, as well as Credit Union By laws and Board Handbook. Obtain all required signatures for documents and maintain historical files.
- Coordinates communications from the President/CEO to Credit Union; assist in maintaining contact and communications with individuals, vendors and associations within the Credit Union industry and community.
- Compose, proofread, and produce a wide variety of documents requiring throughout knowledge of Credit Union policies and procedures; frequently confidential in nature.
- Provide core administrative support such as expense reimbursements, answering phones, scanning, filing, copy and sorting and distributing mail. Analyze all administrative support processes for efficiency and make recommendations for process improvements.
- Mail Support amongst the Operations Center and the Ames area Branches.
- Oversees and coordinates the Board of Director application process; delivers and coordinates onboarding program to new Board of Directors.
- Coordinates and arranges Board of Directors attendance at conferences. Ensures receipt of registration, itineraries, hotel and travel information in an timely manner. Coordinates and arranges registration and travel for Senior Leadership team and employees, as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: five to eight years of customer/member service or administrative experience.
Education: (1) A two-year college degree, or (2) completion of a specialized certification or licensing, or (3) completion of specialized training courses conducted by vendors, or (4) job-specific skills acquired through an apprenticeship program.
Interpersonal Skills: Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is of a personal or sensitive nature. Motivating, influencing, and/or training others is key at this level. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
1. Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
2. Must be able to work overtime periodically; workweek could occasionally exceed 40 hours.
3. Ability to learn regulatory requirements pertinent to performance of specified duties in job description.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to occasionally work extended hours. Limited travel and after hours support as needed.
This position operates in a professional work environment with a quiet to moderate noise level. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phone, printers and copiers.
- Greater Iowa is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.