GK is recognized as one of the Most Influential Family-Owned Businesses in Los Angeles by the Los Angeles Business Journal!
Goldrich Kest is a diversified real estate development and management group of companies and partnerships. Its focus is to expand its portfolio of proven and well-located properties including multi-family, industrial, retail, commercial, for-sale and congregate care through acquisition and development while providing stable cash flow to its partners and outside investors.
Under the supervision of the Community Manager, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for assisting all operations of the apartment community, managing to company objectives and operating budget, with the primary objectives of increasing net operating income of the community, maintaining the physical asset, and providing a quality living environment for residents.
- With Community Managers direction and guidance assist in defining all community objectives to optimize asset efficiency and achieve performance goals set in accordance with owner’s expectations.
- Respond to resident complaints and work with Community Manager to provide resolutions.
- Assist with preparing lease documents, verify compliance with lease files, accurate completion of applications, income verifications, asset verifications, and other related paperwork.
- Consistently inspect community and assess condition, including market window, units, common areas, leasing office and grounds. Inspect for any potential liabilities and immediately report.
- Assist and promote resident retention.
- Monitor community compliance with all Fair Housing regulations and with local ordinance and laws related to company or community specific guidelines in occupancy standards, demonstrating at all times firm, fair, and consistent administration of all legal and company policies and practices.
- Ensure timely and proper completion of potential and current resident files.
- Assist with leasing and reporting if required.
- Assist in rent collection and expense control.
- Promote a positive, growth-oriented environment for team members.
- Responsible for performance of safety and risk management functions of the community, including submitting incident reports in a timely manner and reasonable accommodations in accordance with GK policy.
- Make the resident living experience, particularly the first and last impressions, of the highest quality.
- Assist Community Manager to reinforce company objectives and encourage team participation in company-provided training such as fair housing, safety, non-discrimination and harassment prevention.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to apply policies and procedures to solve everyday issues.
- Knowledge of Fair Housing and Tenant Landlord laws.
- Ability to work with people of diverse social, economic, ethnic backgrounds, and remain sensitive to issues facing veterans, homeless, disabled, elderly, family, and other diverse populations.
- Proven professional verbal and written communication skills in exchanging information with residents, corporate, and site team members.
- Possess professional, friendly telephone and greeting skills. Must be self-motivated and a positive team member with effective communication and customer relation skills, internal and external.
- Knowledge of basic office practices and procedures. Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities. Ability to exercise initiative and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications. Demonstrate high-level proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Programs, Internet and e-mail. Must have prior property management software knowledge.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Some college coursework or Bachelor’s degree highly preferred.
- Previous experience in customer service and administrative tasks.
- Basic bookkeeping and general mathematical principles preferred.
- Proficiency in both verbal and written communication skills.
This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of this position. The incumbent may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this job description.
Goldrich Kest provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. Goldrich Kest is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified applicants, and employees with disabilities to ensure they enjoy equal access to all employment opportunities and benefits of employment as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Employee Events
- Employee Referral Program
- Vacation/paid time off
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Performance bonus