Harris-Stowe State University is a historically Black institution (HBCU) located in the heart of vibrant mid-town St. Louis, Missouri. Harris-Stowe’s beautiful campus is minutes from the renown Gateway Arch, St. Louis Zoo, St. Louis Art and History Museums, Forest Park and other cultural and educational institutions. Harris-Stowe’s diverse faculty and staff provide a wide range of academic programs to one of the most culturally diverse student bodies in the St. Louis region.
Clay Center Administrative Assistant
The Clay Center welcomes qualified applicants for the current Administrative Assistant opening. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing excellent customer service to parents, students, and staff of the Center and University. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for demonstrating positive customer relations which include greeting visitors, answering incoming calls as well as inquiries and emails regarding enrollment, billing and other parent concerns.
- Accept and process weekly/monthly tuition payments and regularly maintain and reconcile accounts; report all payments to University accounting offices
- Generate monthly invoices using Procare and university systems as directed
- Prepare reports regarding accounts/delinquency; immunization; attendance
- Provide on-site assistance for questions about payments and accounts as well as assist with maintenance of payment agreements as directed
- Manage administrative and clerical functions of the programs including but not limited to data entry and maintaining spreadsheets in the database, and typing.
- Compose correspondence/reports for Director or Dean of College of Education
- Assist with planning, maintenance and implementation of Clay Center programs as requested
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree earned from an accredited institution; Bachelors preferred
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills and highly results oriented
- Maintain confidentiality
- Detail oriented
- Proficient in use of computer (Microsoft Windows); Experience with or ability to learn Jenzabar CX (or similar data systems)
- Ability to work as member of a team
- Flexible schedule; some evening/weekend hours may be required
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
Other Required Skills & Abilities
- Savvy in technology, to include but not limited to use of computers and IPads, videotaping and editing, to electronically collect and analyzed data for program improvement
- Collaborate with cooperating teachers, administrators, faculty and student teachers
- Proven ability to demonstrate interpersonal relations
- Successful candidates must have adequate sight to engage in word processing, view screens, the ability to climb stairs, ability to sit for extended periods of time in meetings and observations, etc.
- Must be capable of lifting at least 15 pounds.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance and eye care options
- Receive rich medical premiums
- Pension account matched at up to 20.42%
- Tuition remission including qualifying dependents
- Tax Savings Benefit through Missouri State Employees’ Cafeteria Plan
- On-site fitness center
- Paid Time Off accruals for vacation, holiday and sick time
Review of applications will start immediately until the position is filled.
Please submit your application on line at www.hssu.edu. Submit your application using either Chrome or Firefox when applying, as our system works most smoothly with these browsers. Please check to ensure documents are in one of the following file formats: .doc, .docx, .rtf, .txt, .ascii, .pdf, or html.
“Please No Phone Calls”
Due to the large number of applications submitted and the high volume of applicant inquiries we receive regarding the status of applications, we are unable to accept phone calls or walk-in inquiries regarding applicant status.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER