Austin - TX, AUS2, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established byChuckover 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for accurately providing administrative and clerical support in a timely manner to the SVP and Chief Compliance Officer located in San Francisco, as well as limited administrative and clerical support to one other SVP and two VPs within the compliance organization.
What you’ll do:
- Manage calendar for 5 individuals
- Set up regular 1:1 with direct reports and business partners and reschedule conflicts as it occur
- Set up routine staff meetings
- Set up All Hands meetings
- Set up other meetings that may be required on short notice
- Confirm on a daily basis the following day’s appointments and ensure the officers are ready for the next day’s meetings
- Coordinate teleconferences and offsite meetings (individual schedules and meeting rooms/facilities)
- Process travel arrangements via Concur for the officers
- Follow-up with TravelCenter if there are any travel changes
- Prepare materials utilizing an array of tools including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio to develop attractive, graphic-intensive and compelling documents to drive engagement
- Develop routine and specialized management reports
- Complete expense reports
- Coordinate special projects as they arise and develop
- Check e-mail on a daily basis
- Print meeting materials for the SVP and Chief Compliance officer and other officers upon receipt or as needed
- Communicate important information via e-mail to staff
- Handle all types of phone calls for self 5 VPs
- Redirect phone calls as appropriate
- Process photocopying as negotiated
Travel & Expenses
- Prepare T&E for officers as soon as receipts are given
- Follow up with Vendor Management if there are any problems with T&E processing
- Create and maintain filing system for the SVP and Chief Compliance Officer
- Maintain files (paper and electronic) in compliance with recordkeeping policies and procedures
- Mail Processing
- Collect and route postal and interoffice mail
- Distribute daily mail to appropriate staff
- Ordering SuppliesOther duties as may be assigned
- Order supplies through the ARIBA system and other catalogs for the staff
What you have:
- 8 years administrative assistant experience with at least 2 supporting a senior executive and experience working with board level members
- Highly developed PC skills, including demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills with the ability to anticipate, improvise, and adapt for optimal resolutions
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, work effectively on a team, maintain composure in stressful situations, and work under deadline pressures
- Highly productive, able to work effectively on a variety of projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills -- able to communicate directly, concisely and/or diplomatically as required, knowing how, when and what to communicate.
- Experience interacting with senior management level executives.
- A minimum of a high school diploma, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Pro-active, results-oriented style delivering outstanding quality and timeliness, while working independently with little supervision
- Ability to develop and maintain strong partnerships within and outside the organization
- Resilience in a client-centered business model, where adaptability and communication skills are key
What you'll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
You demonstrate these behaviors:
- Adaptability: The ability to keep functioning effectively when under pressure and maintain self-control in the face of hostility or provocation.
- Building Collaborative Relationships: The ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside of the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support
- Customer Orientation: Demonstrated concern for satisfying one’s external and/or internal customers.
- Initiative: Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked to or required by the situation.
- Written Communication: Expressing oneself clearly in business writing.
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
|Languages:||English - spoken|
|Current Licenses / Certifications:||None|
|Relevant Work Experience:||Administrative Support-6 yrs|
|Position Located In:||TX - Austin|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Activation Date: Thursday, March 21, 2019
Expiration Date: Wednesday, May 1, 2019