Jet Support Services, Inc. is seeking a well-qualified Administrative Assistant, Service Programs to be based at our Chicago Corporate Headquarters.
For nearly 30 years, Jet Support Services, Inc. (JSSI) has been the leading independent provider of maintenance programs to the aviation industry, covering virtually all makes and models of aircraft, engines, and APUs. JSSI provides its customers with comprehensive, flexible and affordable financial programs and tools for managing the often unpredictable costs of operating and maintaining nearly all types of turbine-powered aircraft, including business and commercial jets, turboprops and helicopters. As the creator of the revolutionary Tip-to-Tail® Program, JSSI is the only single source provider of this trademarked service. JSSI serves customers globally and manages maintenance services through its worldwide infrastructure of certified Technical Advisors.
Interested qualified candidates should submit their online application, including resume and salary expectations to:
The mission of the Administrative Assistant, Aviation Service Programs position is to provide high quality support to the JSSI Parts team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide high quality administrative support to the Vice President of Procurement and to the Purchasing team, including but not limited to, meeting logistics, travel coordination, and scheduling
- Coordinate with Technical Services Team on actions arising from Engine Trend Monitoring data reports
- Maintain Honeywell Avionics Protection Plan (“HAPP”), Collins Avionics Service Plan (“CASP”) and Engine Trend Monitoring Agreements (“TREND”) monthly flight hour reports
- Generate and process HAPP, CASP and TREND invoices to relevant suppliers
- Maintain Honeywell Avionics Protection Plan (“HAPP”), Collins Avionics Service Plan (“CASP”) and Engine Trend Monitoring Agreements (“TREND”) current contract databases
- Process HAPP, CASP and TREND enrollments & terminations
- Ensure required airframe records are received and analyzed for accuracy in connection with all maintenance events covered under the Contract
- Ensure Engine Trend Monitoring reports are received and reviewed for any actions required.
- Coordinate with the Technical Services Team on Contract administration and records during maintenance events
- Maintain and update Company contracts and databases
- Ensure continuity of records in computer systems and cloud archives
- Maintain information on active airframes and engines to ensure forecasting accuracy
- Coordinate Exhibit C audits with the Records & Data Analytics Supervisor
- Gather and process aircraft information for all contract transfers and renewals
Education and Experience:
- At least four (4) years administrative experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Aviation is a plus
- 2-3 years technical experience is a plus
- A&P or Maintenance Scheduling a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills to deal with the public and the aviation industry
- Ability to read and write articulately and analytically
- Clear understanding of relevant technical skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to maintain discretion in all concerns, issues and situations.
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Exceptional computer skills with expert knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Superior organizational and time management skills, with the ability to be resourceful and to creatively problem solve
Working Environment and Conditions:
Work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in this job is usually moderate.
JSSI is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristic protected by law.