We think globally, act locally. As a Managed and Professional IT Services Provider Synoptek provides world-class strategic IT leadership and hyper-efficient IT operational support, enabling our global client-base to grow and transform their businesses. We are excited to have experienced continuous growth and in keeping with that momentum are seeking to add a PART-TIME general Administrative Assistant to our team. Synoptek is a company with a heart and soul dedicated to the ongoing success and growth of our employees and continued business success of the customers we support.
A Day in the Life
The Administrative Assistant must be an energetic, people savvy, detailed professional with a knack for organization. This individual will be responsible for partnering with and providing general administrative and facilities support to the HR Operations team supporting North America (Canada and the United States). The ideal person will be highly organized, have strong Microsoft Office experience and polished written and verbal communication skills.
The Administrative Assistant will have exposure to most HR areas but will focus primarily on coordination, communication and data entry related to the employee onboarding/offboarding process, general personnel and employee records maintenance and data integrity within internal databases, file cleanup and audits, medical plan invoice reconciliation, coordination of companywide events, filing, scanning, document prep, shipping/mailing and a variety of other administrative tasks.
Total Years of Professional or Industry Experience: 6+
Position Specific Experience: 4+
Mentorship/Leads by Example Experience: 0+
Project/ Client Engagement/ Customer Facing Experience: 2+
- Tech Savvy – comfortable working with and around technology (Microsoft Suite, Zoom, Adobe, SharePoint, HRIS, internet research)
- Handle employee onboarding/offboarding procedures for new hires; takes new hire information from recruiting team, communicates with the hire, preps them for first day, tracks document collection, prepares employee files, enters employee into HRIS, tracks completion of onboarding tasks, equipment requests, processes I-9, E-Verify, background verifications.for North American new hires. At termination, processes system term requests, coordinates with payroll, submits ROE, updates records and files
- Provide administrative support to the North American HR Operations team with filing, document prep, shipping, research
- Assist with entering and updating employee information & personnel changes
- Maintain employee files by tracking employee documentation, ensuring accuracy, completeness and compliance
- Correspond with vendors and other internal/external stakeholders and respond to their inquiries in a professional and timely manner
- Assist with various research and/or special projects
- Office supplies ordering – all locations
- Event coordination
- Updating social media with open positions and other updates
Analytical / Problem Solving
Executive Level Presence
Associate’s Degree prep
University or trade school courses, Microsoft Office coursework, HR professional development coursework
When you partner with Synoptek, you engage with an ever-growing, ever-evolving IT organization that provides a high-caliber level of team, results, growth and clarity. You are our ultimate investment and as part of that you will have access to continuous clarity in your personal and professional development, a team who has your back, mentorship to achieve rock-star level results. We foster a fun and connected environment with employee benefits extending beyond general compensation and into inspired camaraderie, beer-thirty, general office mayhem, a little fun in the midst of the chaos and an invested culture of learning.