Looking for individuals to join our home care family.
At ComForCare Home Care we value our employees like family. We celebrate success and have fun. Our focus is to help our clients and employees live their best lives possible.
*Each office is independently owned and operated.
Provides clerical support including typing correspondence, reports, and documents; maintaining filing systems; and coordinating daily interoffice activities.
Must be able to multi-task, answer phones in a professional manner, communicate with clients and referral sources, and have a great attitude.
REPORTS TO: Administrator
- High school graduate; college degree preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in a business setting, health care preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Speak, read, write, and comprehend English.
- Demonstrated strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to type at least 50 words per minute and familiarity with basic computer programs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Provides clerical support to agency management and supervisory personnel.
- Prepares correspondence, reports, documents, and medical Plans of Care.
- Schedules appointments for management staff and schedules meeting rooms.
- Prepares updates to policies and procedures as directed.
- Prepares statistical reports as needed.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies and medical supplies.
- Establishes agency standards and appropriate reorder points.
- Monitors supply needs and assures the availability of supplies needed.
- Prepares client charge slips as directed and forwards them to the billing department.
- Assists with the billing process.
- Assists with data entry of schedules for billing and payroll.
- Maintains current admission log.
- Monitors the return of doctors’ orders.
- Enters all new clients into the computer system
- Assists with the hiring process for direct care staff.
- Provides initial telephone screening for applicants and sets up interviews if appropriate
- Requests references on applicants.
- Assists in the orientation and training of new clerical staff.
- Performs job in compliance with agency policies and procedures as well as community and professional standards.
- Accepts responsibility in accordance with the role of the Administrative Assistant.
- Assures compliance with applicable laws.
- Attends meetings and educational programs as required.
- Participates in the Agency quality improvement activities.
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Communicates necessary information to Supervisor and management team to ensure coordination of services and activities.
- Attends clinical staff meetings as needed to communicate information needs as they relate to physician orders and other timely written reports.
- Contacts clients, referral sources, families, and other disciplines as directed to assure care coordination.
- Assists with the filing of documentation in the clinical record. Reports missing or incomplete charting.
- Participates and communicates with other departments to assure that tasks are accomplished.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- Be able to fill in shifts when we have call offs or shorthanded
- Participate in the on-call phone (after hours)
The information below is intended to describe the general context/requirements for the performance of this job. During a typical workday, this position requires the activities listed. It is not to be considered an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements and does not limit the assignment of additional duties.
By selecting the positions below, you acknowledge that you are applying for employment with an independently owned and operated ComForCare franchisee, a separate company and employer from ComForCare and any of its affiliates or subsidiaries. You understand that each independent franchisee is solely responsible for all decisions relating to employment including (and without limitation to) hiring and termination, and ComForCare does not accept, review or store my application. Any questions about your application or the hiring process must be directed to the locally owned and operated ComForCare franchisee.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.