Job Duties for Administrative Assistant / Clerical:
- Administrative Assistant / Clerical will perform general office clerical functions in support of a department or specialized areas. Duties may include, but not be limited to, data entry, filing, copying, collating, answering phones, opening and distributing mail, and maintaining supplies and/or equipment.
- Administrative Assistant / Clerical provides basic information, answer telephone and take messages or transfer to appropriate personnel. May schedule appointments.
- Administrative Assistant will perform basic clerical to include data entry of information into on-line computer systems. May retrieve and compile data for reports according to established procedures.
- Administrative Assistant / Clerical will perform basic record keeping of documents and forms received, processed and/or distributed. May maintain physical and/or automated filing systems.
- Administrative Assistant will confer with supervisor to discuss work processes, plans and/or actions to be taken and appropriate work assignments.
- Administrative Assistant may assist in preparing program materials and/or reviews as well as other governing agency mandates.
- Perform other clerical tasks of a similar nature or level as assigned.
Preferred knowledge for Administrative Assistant:
- Knowledge of word processing, formatting business documents, proofreading for spelling and grammar, printing and copying.
- Knowledge of spreadsheets, formatting data and creating charts.
- Knowledge of basic methods of filing including alphabetical, numerical and chronological.
- Knowledge of modern office procedures, computer equipment and office machines.
- Knowledge of the methods and procedures used in handling confidential matters.
- Knowledge of basic record keeping.
It is the policy of our Company not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.0