Administrative Assistant, Counseling and Psychological Services (CaPS)
For more than 70 years, the Counseling and Psychological Services (CaPS) at Carnegie Mellon University has been addressing the mental health needs of the university community by providing confidential treatment to students and collaborating with staff, faculty and family members. CaPS helps students improve their psychological health by facilitating insight and fostering deeper understanding of their personal struggles needed to make better choices for themselves. Services at CaPS are developmental in nature, aimed at supporting students in the moment and in their personal growth and maturation over time.
We are searching for an Administrative Assistant to join our CaPS team. In this role, you will provide administrative and secretarial assistance, assist with the work flow within the department, support budget and other related processes. You may represent department on campus-wide projects and initiatives and act as resource to less expert staff. You will serve in a variety of functions that improve the overall efficiency of Counseling and Psychological Services (CaPS).
Core responsibilities include:
- Coordinating reception and welcome area; providing leadership toward developing a welcoming and inclusive environment and climate
- Providing administrative support to the CaPS leadership and clinical staff
- Other administrative and special projects as assigned
- High School or GED required
- 5-8 years Administrative Support Experience, Office Management Experience, Word Processing Experience and Data Entry Experience required
- Prior work experience in a health care setting and/or experience managing confidential information is preferred
- Background check
Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within Tepper. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued proficiencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a varied population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their work/life experiences, to the diversity of our academic community and our engagement with a multicultural student body.
You should demonstrate:
- Ability to work on a wide range of administrative tasks in a multi-faceted, fast-paced environment
- Ability to seek solutions to problems and proven ability to suggest administrative and process improvements
- Strong organization skills and proven ability to be proactive
Work hours for this position may vary based on center needs and the academic schedule, some evening hours M-Th, until 7:00pm may occasionally be required.
Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
A listing of employee benefits is available at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Administrative SupportUnited States-Pennsylvania-PittsburghFull TimeAssociate's Degree or equivalenttrue