Provides office services by implementing administrative systems, procedures, and policies, and monitoring administrative projects. Provides administrative, clerical and project support in a professional and confidential manner.
1. Organizes, directs and/or supervises departmental functions including reception, telephone communication system and mail distribution.
2. Attends and/or participates in meetings and/or events and may transcribe and prepare minutes or summaries.
3. Accumulates, maintains, verifies and reports data, statistics and research.
4. Assists with collection of rent and execution of monthly certification process of resident.
5. Composes, prepares, monitors and responds to correspondence.
6. Directs and assists residents, families, business invitees and staff.
7. Schedules and maintains appointments and calendars.
8. Creates and maintains filing system.
9. Responds to inquiries and provides information regarding the Village.
10. Scheduled and conducts Village tours.
11. Establishes and maintains resident (and prospect) records including but not limited to:
- Revising and updating records, charts, etc.
- Gathering required data and documentation
- Data input
12. Assists with information gathering, including scheduling and conducting admission interview with potential residents and families.
13. Evaluates need for and/or requisitions adequate supplies, equipment and follow-up regarding assurance issues.
14. Evaluates need for and/or requests maintenance work orders.
15. Coordinates special events.
16. Creates newsletters, flyers and other documents utilizing various software programs and desktop publishing.
17. Creates and maintains a positive customer service atmosphere, including continuous quality improvement, teamwork, mutual respect, professionalism and accountability.
18. Attends and participates in all appropriate departmental/Village meetings, training and development opportunities.
19. Embrace, uphold and promote Presbyterian Villages of Michigan's mission, vision, beliefs, values, strategic goals, objectives and Servant Leadership.
20. Follows established policies and procedures including but not limited to:
Presbyterian Village employment policies and procedures
Departmental policies and procedures
Safety policies and procedures
Federal, state and local regulations
21. Performs any and all other duties and/or tasks as assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions, generally commensurate with some college level education or equivalent experience.
- Computer literate (word processing, spreadsheets and desktop publishing).
- Trained as Certified Occupancy Specialist at HUD or MSHDA villages.
- Affordable housing property management software if working at a HUD or MSHDA governed village.
- Math aptitude generally commensurate with some college level education or equivalent experience.
Certificates & Licenses:
- HUD or MSHDA Villages: Certified Occupancy Specialist certificate required at hire, or within 6 months of position. Inability to obtain and sustain required certification will cause ineligibility for the position.
- Communication/Interpersonal Skills: Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all level of staff and visitors.
- One to three years’ related professional business office experience or equivalent combination of educational experience.
- Experience working with one of the following subsidized programs: tax credit/MSHDA, low income, & HUD.
- Efficient Computer knowledge and use of Microsoft products, word processing, spreadsheets database systems and email.
- HUD or MSHDA governed village: Affordable housing property management software