The Administrative Assistant will provide high-level administrative and technical support to the Director of Direct Store Delivery (DSD) & various members of the DSD management team. This position requires excellent attention to detail, superb computer skills, outstanding follow-up and a strong ability to prioritize and multi-task. The right candidate can demonstrate a polished approach to handle multiple priorities, work independently, and exemplify Borden Dairy�s core values and capabilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to DSD Director and DSD management team with a high level of trust and confidence
- Screen and route telephone calls while accurately recording and routing messages on a timely basis
- Prepare and distribute internal and external correspondence ensuring the integrity of confidential information
- Create PowerPoint presentations for Director and department use
- Coordinate travel arrangements, expense reporting, and general correspondence matters for the department
- Maintain various department spreadsheets and prepare reports as requested
- Maintain department records, compiles paper and electronic files/database; assist with document control
- Create department purchase orders and route according to approval process
- Facilitate meetings including meeting invites, video conference calls, and traditional conference calls as scheduled
- Coordinate in-office meetings, maintain conference room schedule and set up catering or refreshment arrangements
- Communicate relevant information to all team members and other departments as necessary
- Aids in ensuring that team goals, roles, protocols, and business relationships are consistent with high-performance requirements and congruent with the company�s strategy
- Leads by example in an environment that fosters trust and candor, maintains personal accountability and communicates assertively and constructively
- Promote a positive, cooperative and professional attitude when interacting with other departments, customers and vendors
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (focus on Excel & Power Point), required.
- College graduate preferred.
- Ability to read, write, perform basic mathematical calculations, and accurately record data.
- Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Must be able to work independently.