Under general supervision, to provide primary clerical, secretarial and operational support for an instructional program, instructional team, or major institutional department as directed by the Instructional Manager.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
1. Type a variety of materials such as correspondence, reports, proposals, curriculum, forms, brochures, and other materials from rough draft, machine dictation, or general instructions. Set-up formats, proofread, and correct spelling or punctuation errors.
2. Compose routine correspondence and memos.
3. Organize and maintain departmental files and record keeping systems.
4. Answer telephone calls and respond to general inquiries and requests for information regarding program or departmental services or functions. Take and relay messages.
5. Serve as departmental receptionist in receiving and directing students and visitors.
6. Assist in the monitoring and reconciliation of the budget as directed by the supervisor.
7. Schedule appointments, process travel arrangements, reserve rooms for activities, and other logistical arrangements as requested.
8. Open, sort, prioritize, and process incoming and outgoing mail including bulk mailings.
9. Order, maintain, control and distribute departmental supplies and materials as appropriate.
10. Take and/or prepare agendas and minutes of meetings as required.
11. Compile information and prepare routine or standard reports.
12. Pick up and deliver supplies, materials, and small equipment from/to on and off campus locations as required.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
1. Thorough knowledge of office practices, procedures, and equipment.
2. Thorough knowledge of Business English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
3. Ability to type at least 50 words per minute.
4. Familiarity with microcomputer/word processing functions.
5. Knowledge of basic bookkeeping.
6. Ability to work effectively with other employees and the general public.
7. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
8. Ability to organize and schedule work priorities effectively.
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
1. High school diploma; Associates and/or Bachelor's preferred.
2. Two years of office experience preferably which has included public contact.
3. Additional coursework beyond high school in secretarial science, office management, or related courses is desirable.
|The Department Administrative Assistant supports the department of Education & Human Services and is available on or before December 17, 2018.|
All candidates (internal and external) must attach the following to the completed online application for consideration. Applications that do not have the following will not be considered.
This is a full-time, Support Staff Level 4, 12-month per calendar year position. Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Salary is listed to the 2018-2019 rate.
Selected candidates will be invited to complete required job testing on Friday, January 4, 2019. Testing will assess the following areas: typing at 50wpm, Customer Service Skills, Microsoft Word and Excel (2013) at the intermediate level, and writing sample.
Candidates who successfully pass all required testing will be invited to interview on Thursday, January 10, 2019.
$19.45 - $0.00 /year