Administrative Assistant for the Director of Online Multiple and Single Subject Programs
Basic Function and Responsibility (Online Multiple and Single Subject programs):
· Provides administrative assistance to the Director of Online Multiple and Single Subject programs
· Responsible for Field Placement Coordination
· Coordinates Multiple and Single Subject Intern Applications
· Advises students
· Supports course development
· Coordinates technology within and between the SOE and the university
· Supports budget development, oversight and implementation
· Manages Taskstream
· Supports the Director of Online Multiple and Single Subject programs in the review, evaluation and accreditation processes (e.g., internal reviews, CTC accreditation, WASC, Title II reporting, etc).
· Accurately articulates program details through phone conversations and emails to prospective students.
· Advises students in the Online Multiple and Single Subject programs. This includes creating draft program plans and providing updates/reminders to students on how to stay on track towards credentialing.
· Collects prospective student reports from Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions and contacts prospective students by e-mail and/or phone.
· Attends the Online Multiple and Single Subject and Supervisor meetings and serves as the Recording Secretary, responsible for minutes. Prepares agenda and provides essential back up materials as requested for meetings. Maintains electronic minutes in the SOE server.
· Assists Credential Analysts with Certificate of Clearance process and collection of TB test results.
· Coordinates Online Multiple and Single Subject program events, including communication, setting up online meetings, etc.
· Serves as an interdepartmental liaison for the Director of Online Multiple and Single Subject programs.
· Attends required School of Education Meetings.
· Composes and edits director correspondence, edits marketing materials, updates the university website and reviews catalog text as requested.
· Participates in the CIM curriculum proposal process
· Performs general office duties: responding to voicemails and e-mails, scheduling advising appointments, filing, etc.
· Works as a team member of the staff of the School of Education, assisting when and where needed.
· Works to improve productivity
· Oversees online Multiple and Single Subject field placements:
--Collaborates with school and district personnel to arrange field placements for students enrolled in Multiple or Single Subject courses
--Follows protocol of lead Field Placement Coordinator
--Supports Field Placement Coordinator, when needed, for district MOUs
--Assisted by full-time Field Placement Coordinator for placements within 30 minutes of Biola.
· Provides ongoing advising regarding program requirements, internships, and student teaching requirements.
· Stays current with the CTC requirements
· Coordinates Intern Application, collaborates with Field Placement Coordinator to ensure MOU is on file, finalizes intern approval.
· Works with cooperating teachers, administrators, supervisors, and professors to address needs and concerns about our fieldwork students.
· Gathers data, including SARC reports, regarding school site qualifications for fieldwork, student teaching and intern sites.
· Collaborates with Field Placement Coordinator to establish Intern Supervisors each semester.
· Processes all Supervisors’ Mileage for reimbursement.
· Assists in creating, developing, and maintaining handbooks as needed.
· Collaborates with the SOE Recruiting and Community Relations Coordinator and Career Services regarding the Teacher Fair/Career Expo.
· Creates and update documents in the following formats: Adobe Acrobat, Word, Excel, Google Forms, Google Sheets, and Google Docs.
· Attends training sessions relative to job performance.
· Maintains FileMaker Pro data for Online Multiple and Single Subject programs.
· Maintains student program status in Google Docs and Sheets to be used for student advising as well as data reporting as needed.
· Cultivates Alumni Relationships: Facilitates ongoing contact with former student teachers and Interns (program completers) and tracks employment.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Online Multiple and Single Subject programs, Certification Manager, and/or School of Education Dean
Director of Online Multiple and Single Subject programs
Manager of Certification
· Experience in the Field of Education (minimum 3 years)
· Office experience (3 years preferred)
· Experience in administrative tasks at varied levels of difficulty
· BA/BS; MAEd with knowledge of curriculum and instruction strongly desired
· Familiarity with online education and Canvas Learning Platform
· Understanding of curriculum and instruction
· Efficient computer and technology skills
· Ability to manage details in a busy work environment and/or schedule
· Self-starter; goal-oriented
· Ability to work amiably under pressure
· Ability to learn software programs pertaining to databases and word processing
· Excellent interpersonal communication and public relations skills; team player
· Business correspondence and letter writing skills
· Ability to work with limited supervision in a professional office environment or remotely
· Ability to keep confidences
· Ability to multi-task
Hours Per Week: 30
Months Per Year: 12