Administrative Assistant – Commercial Property Management
We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our team in Greenbelt, MD.
Morning Calm Managementowns and manages approximately five million square feet of office and retail properties throughout the United States. We are in growth mode and the environment is very fast paced in nature. The ideal candidate will be high energy and able to adapt in a dynamic environment, and will work well as a team.
This Administrative Assistant position will handle all the administrative and support functions for the office and assist the property management department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Handle multiple jobs including typing, filing, copying, scanning and greeting visitors
- Professionally answer the phones and take detailed messages
- Support the daily operations of the property management staff
- Coordinate and dispatch maintenance staff and/or outside vendors for tenant service
- Professionally respond to tenant issues, concerns and requests by understanding their issues and passing detailed information to the property management team
- Maintain an ongoing log of maintenance issues, updating as they are resolved and placing follow up calls to tenants
- Maintain, organize and update all property management files
- Perform tenant administration functions, including tenant insurance certificates, and maintain tenant contact and emergency contact lists
- Prepare letters to tenants re: maintenance issues, bill backs, etc.
- Research, code and process invoices for payment
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of preventative maintenance programs, including distribution of maintenance checklists, scheduling and coordinating of inspections and the receipt, review and documentation of checklists
- Perform other duties as necessary to support the office and the property management department
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to effectively set priorities, organize workload, handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced working environment
- Professional office demeanor
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel, Word and Outlook
- Moderateunderstanding of accounting functions
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degreerequired
- Experience working with real estate accounting applications (e.g. MRI, AMSI, YARDI)a plus
- Experience assisting multiple managers at once
We offer a competitive benefits package for all eligible employees. Total compensation to be commensurate with experience and background.We are a drug-free workplace. Extensive background and drug screening required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F – D/V