Intarcia is rethinking medicine with the potential to unlock significant change in the way serious chronic diseases or conditions are treated —starting first with Type 2 Diabetes, and then, obesity and HIV. To date, the company has raised more than $1.8B in capital through creative financing and partnerships – including our collaboration with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for HIV prevention in Sub-Saharan Africa. Intarcia headquarters are in Boston, MA with manufacturing and R\u0026amp;amp;D locations respectively in Hayward, CA and Durham, NC.
Intarcia is committed to developing innovative therapies utilizing the Medici Drug Delivery System™ which is designed to bridge technology and medicine to transform therapeutic categories. The matchstick-sized osmotic mini-pump is subdermally placed and delivers a continuous flow of medication over the course of months, working with the patient’s own body. This approach is designed to support adherence and allow individuals to focus on more fully living their lives.
As a key member of our diverse Administrative and Operations team, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing support to our Leadership Team, including travel arrangements, meeting planning \u0026amp;amp; management, expense reporting and other support services. Maintain office organization \u0026amp;amp; operations - control correspondence, design/maintain organizational systems and assist with other projects as needed. On occasion will collaborate with other Administrative Assistants/Executive Assistants for both day-to-day operations as well as acting backup for the team when necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate domestic/international travel, including flights, accommodations and meetings.
- Proactively schedule and coordinate all aspects of internal and external conference calls, video conferences, and other meetings.
- Handle highly sensitive, confidential information and documents.
- Process expense reports, invoices and internal documents.
- Spearhead additional ad-hoc projects as assigned.
- Liaise with all levels of staff and collaborate on interdepartmental projects.
- Streamline office operations and respond to up- to-the-minute needs.
- Maintain shared schedules and processes.
- Support in covering the front desk when needed and handle multiple phone lines
- Work with the Office Coordinator to support front desk as requested
- Complete ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- Organizational and planning skills.
- Project management experience.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented and able to adopt a sense of urgency.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and with minimal guidance.
- Thrives in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Discretion, diplomacy and excellent judgment regarding confidential information.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to function efficiently and independently in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Multi-tasking skills and the ability to balance competing priorities.
- Well-developed Microsoft Office skills to include word, power-point and excel.
- Ability to follow instructions and demonstrate attention to details.
- 3-5 years supporting executive level and multiple individuals.
- Problem solver with excellent judgment and a proven history of taking initiative.
- Prior experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical/medical device industry is preferred.
- Must be a team player, open to new ideas, can contribute, help identify and solveproblems
Intarcia Therapeutics, Inc. is a biotechnology company dedicated to redesigning the prevention, treatment and experience of chronic diseases including diabetes, obesity and HIV. As an organization, we are driven by a desire to create meaningful change in both business and health, rethinking how prescription medicine is delivered. Our dedicated team operates with a "No Analog" mindset—continually pushing boundaries, navigating new terrain and unleashing fresh thinking. It’s all part of Intarcia’s commitment to enable better outcomes and create impact.
The Intarcia Medici Drug Delivery System™ was developed over a 20-year span in collaboration with a diverse, forward-thinking team of scientists and entrepreneurs with a goal of bridging technology and medicine to transform therapeutic categories. Based on human behavior, the Medici System is intended to relieve the burden and adherence concerns of chronic therapy by delivering prescribed medicines for six months at a time – or potentially longer. Intarcia is also investigating multiple new therapies, including combination therapies for chronic diseases leveraging the convergence of novel medicines from Intarcia’s pipeline with the proprietary Medici System.
For more information visit www.intarcia.com.
(No relocation/Local candidates only)