ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT I
Job Code: 1256
Department: Student Success Center
Division: Student Affairs
Reports to: Dean of Enrollment Management
Positions Supervises: None
Location: Main Campus
Provide professional customer service to prospective and current students, as well as the community, faculty, staff, and administration. Serve as the main contact for enrollment and advising process related questions for Kansas City Kansas Community College (KCKCC).
- Provides administrative support for the Student Success Center and its faculty and staff
- Answers telephones, takes messages, makes appointments, and secures transcripts for the personnel in the Student Success Center
- Prepares and processes reverse transfer correspondence and other correspondence as required for the Student Success Center
- Oversees distribution of bulk mailings for Student Success Center
- Maintains electronic and physical files
- Maintains the general appearance of the reception area as well as informational materials
- Assists with enrollment services as assigned by the Lead Advisor of the Student Success Center
- Provides informed assistance to students, college employees, and the public regarding available campus resources
- Maintains confidentiality of all information in the Student Success Center
- Performs data entry to maintain the electronic information system
Orders, maintains and organizes office supplies in the workroom
- Supervises and trains work-study students
- Scans documents and transcripts for the staff of the Student Success Center
- Prepares Degree Check files for AAS programs for Advising staff
- Logs, copies, scans and manages the transfer of Degree Check paperwork to the Registrar’s Office once complete
- Prepares, logs distribute, scans and processes paperwork when returned to the Student Success Center by the Registrar’s Office after each degree conferral period
- Set students up for the placement test and prints scores as needed
- Performs additional duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications and/or Education
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- One (1) year secretarial/office experience
Preferred Qualifications and/or Education
- Bilingual in Spanish
- College coursework in secretarial procedures
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, talk, hear, walk, sit, and occasionally push or lift items. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
40 hours per week, Monday –Friday. Must be able to work a variable schedule/hours to meet operational needs. May require evening and weekend hours.
Pay grade level: Grade 10
Compensation: $31,046 - $38,807
Employee category: Staff
Position Type: Full-Time
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
- Read the job announcement carefully noting the minimum qualifications and required information. Note that information contained in your application materials will be used to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. Make sure you complete/submit all the documents listed as required.
- During the application process, unofficial transcripts may be submitted. However, please note that upon selection for hire, you will be required to submit official transcripts.
- Ensure that your transcripts show that a degree was awarded or conferred if you are stating that it is your highest level of education completed. If you certify your level of education and it cannot be verified from your transcript(s), your application may not be referred to the selection committee.
- Foreign degrees are acceptable provided they have been translated and/or shown to have equivalency to a United States: Associate, Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate level degree.
- Documentation verifying completion of a degree, course work within a discipline, or other educational criteria should be electronically attached (uploaded) to your application.
- Three (3) professional references with phone number and email addresses are required.
- A college selection committee is responsible for application review and interviews. The final candidate(s) selected to be hired will be made by the hiring manager.
- Successful completion of a background check on all persons recommended for employment is required Individual hiring departments may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process.
***This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This job description may be revised upon development of other duties and changes in responsibilities.