PART- TIME ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT I
Job Code: 1257
Department: Registrar’s Office
Division: Student Affairs
Reports to: Records Coordinator II
Positions Supervised: N/A
Location: Main Campus
Provide professional customer service to prospective and current students, as well as the community, faculty, staff, and administration. Serve as the main contact for enrollment and advising process related questions for Kansas City Kansas Community College (KCKCC).
- Capacity to work in a high-volume office with minimal supervision while performing multiple time-sensitive processes
- Respectfully greet and assist a diverse population of students and guests who visit the Registrar’s Office
- Answer phones, route calls to appropriate office personnel, taking messages when necessary and responding promptly to voicemail, fax, and e-mail inquiries
- Update County billing codes and state residency billing code
- Process returned mail and correspond with students regarding resolution to their address of record
- Accept, review, and accurately process student record change forms, student and administrative withdrawal forms, add/drop forms, enrollment forms, transcripts, transcript requests, enrollment verifications, etc.
- Must become well-versed in college and office procedures and policies to assist with explaining office processes to students, parents, faculty, administration, and visitors to the college
- Scanning and linking documents to student files
- Assist with the college’s compliance with FERPA and other federal regulations and display the ability to maintain confidentiality of all matters and information that pertain to student records
- Assist with Data Integrity and Data Reporting tasks and record edit checks
- Perform other duties as assigned by Records Coordinator and Registrar
Minimum Qualifications and/or Education
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum of two (2) years of previous employment in a customer service/business office field which includes face-to face, telephone, and email contact with customer
Preferred Qualifications and/or Education
- Associate’s Degree
- Working knowledge of a web-based student information system- Ellucian
- Working knowledge of a document imaging system-Perceptive Content
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook and internet
- Spanish Speaking
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, talk, hear, walk, sit, and occasionally push or lift items. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit. Occasionally the employee will bend or twist at the neck more than the average person. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift items. The employee is directly responsible for safety, wellbeing, and work output.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as the ability to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
29 hours per week, Monday – Thursday 8:00am – 2:00pm, Friday, 8:00 am – 1:00 pm. Must be able to work a variable schedule/hour to meet operational needs. May require evening and weekend hours, and working remotely.
Pay grade level: N/A
Compensation: $12.04 per hour
Employee category: Staff
Position Type: Part-Time
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
- Read the job announcement carefully noting the minimum qualifications and required information. Note that information contained in your application materials will be used to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. Make sure you complete/submit all the documents listed as required.
- During the application process, unofficial transcripts may be submitted. However, please note that upon selection for hire, you will be required to submit official transcripts.
- Ensure that your transcripts show that a degree was awarded or conferred if you are stating that it is your highest level of education completed. If you certify your level of education and it cannot be verified from your transcript(s), your application may not be referred to the selection committee.
- Foreign degrees are acceptable provided they have been translated and/or shown to have equivalency to a United States: Associate, Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate level degree.
- Documentation verifying completion of a degree, course work within a discipline, or other educational criteria should be electronically attached (uploaded) to your application.
- Three (3) professional references with phone number and email addresses are required.
- A college selection committee is responsible for application review and interviews. The final candidate(s) selected to be hired will be made by the hiring manager.
- Successful completion of a background check on all persons recommended for employment is required Individual hiring departments may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process.
***This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This job description may be revised upon development of other duties and changes in responsibilities.