The Administrative Assistant works in a diverse, fast-paced and complex environment, supporting leadership roles. In addition to general administrative tasks, responsibilities include managing projects, preparing and editing presentations and spreadsheets, generating and distributing reports, maintaining business information, time and expense reports, and acting as the group contact.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performing general administrative tasks such as handling the mail, filing, time entry, travel arrangements, expense reimbursement, and fielding calls.
- Establishing and maintaining office files, makes lunch reservations, and arranges meeting rooms as required.
- Assisting with catered breakfast or lunch meetings including set up and clean up, for the entire organization.
- Compiling information from various sources and utilizes the information for uses such as generating reports.
- Auditing and maintaining various reports specific to the entities by checking for errors, inconsistencies, or discrepancies; makes corrections
and notifies appropriate personnel of any modifications.
- Updating and maintaining pertinent business information.
- Drafting and typing correspondence and/or presentations to be sent to internal and/or external contacts.
- Assisting with a variety of scheduled and unscheduled projects at any given time within the entities.
- May provide back-up support for other administrative associates, including front desk coverage.
- Assisting and supporting entity management in preparing for meetings.
- Maintaining and promoting a positive and professional working relationship.
- Developing administrative leading practices, including process improvements for better workflow and support.
- Participating in other projects or duties, such as consolidating and reporting for the budget.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in Office 365/SharePoint
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- Able to work as part of a diverse team; strong interactive people skills within various levels of management and staff
- Able to handle confidential/sensitive information discretely
- Detail-oriented with strong follow-up skills
- Must possess strong organizational/communication skills
- Excellent grammar, writing, proofreading and editing skills
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment in making day-to-day decisions with minimal supervision
- Able to represent a positive and professional image
- Ability to maintain expected attendance at work.
- Ability to manage job-related and personal stress effectively.
- Must manage time and priorities effectively by completing tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to follow standard practices and procedures in order to resolve basic issues.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions.
- Ability to work under close supervision.
- Ability to build stable working relationships internally.
- Ability to listen and understand information and communicate the same.
- Must be results oriented, customer focused, and exhibit good interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office packages.
- Sufficient knowledge of business communications, including telephone, voicemail, and e-mail and operations of office machines, such as photocopier, scanner, and fax.
- Willingness to work overtime, holidays, and weekends as requested by supervisor.
- Associates Degree in business or related secretarial sciences program or equivalent work experience.
- 2 years of administrative experience supporting multiple people in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) at a high and complex level
REQUIRED FOUNDATIONAL COMPETENCIES:
- Builds Relationships: Fosters open dialogue and obtains shared commitment to proposals; shared ideas and information to promote mutual understanding, respect, and effective decision-making.
- Drives for Results: Acts to create opportunities for Vertex or to avoid future problems; has the courage to act with incomplete information rather than simply thinking about it; maintains a focused commitment to achieving enterprise objectives.
- Knows the Business: Understands and applies knowledge of Vertex's business and processes to accomplish goals.
- Anticipates Customer Needs (internal and external): Establishes and maintains productive relationships with customers and partners, anticipating their needs.
- Learns Continuously: Expands own knowledge base to enhance performance; seeks development to increase strengths for current and future needs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals in this position. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.