Title: Administrative Assistant I
Open Date: 12/30/19 Requisition Number: 033-2019
Departments Hiring: Recreation Education and Youth Services Department
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Reports to: REYS Manager
Location: Valley Center, CA
OPPORTUNITY: The role of the Administrative Assistant I is vital to the efficient functioning of Rincon. This position will assist the organization with a wide variety of administrative duties, supporting the Recreation Education and Youth Services Department (REYS) that will ensure customer satisfaction and the ability to provide effective and consistent support to the internal departments, with their primary role supporting the receptionist desk.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED). Two – Five years of general office, personnel administration, or any equivalent combination of training and experience. Must have intermediate skills of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), this is a strong requirement. In addition, must have excellent customer service skills.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS: Valid Driver’s License
- Provides general administrative support as needed to include typing memos and letters, organizes files, processes invoices, copying, proofreading, data entry and preparation of correspondence.
- Prepares reports, spreadsheets, databases, presentations and other documents using Microsoft Office software.
- Collects, compiles and analyzes information from various sources and creates into a report or presentation.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for staff members; works with staff to ensure that all computer problems are addressed.
- Provides forms to employees and customers, and provides basic and routine information regarding departmental policies and procedures.
- May be required to work directly with internal department.
- Participates in special projects utilizing specific skill set, experience and knowledge.
- General administrative duties as assigned. Attends required meetings and trainings.
- Other related duties as assigned.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
HOW TO APPLY: If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume to the Human Resources Department, One Government Center Lane, Valley Center Road, California 92082, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tribal preference will be given to eligible Rincon Tribal Members who meet the minimum qualifications background investigation, drug and alcohol screening is required as a condition of employment. Rincon Band of Luiseno Indians is an equal opportunity employer.
Commensurate with experience