- Position Type:
SUPPORT STAFF/Secretarial/Clerical 12 Month
- Date Posted:
Prospect High School
- Date Available:
July 1, 2020
- Closing Date:
Internal until 05/21/2020
POSITION: Administrative Assistant II (PHS) 40 hrs/wk Grade 5 Start: July 1, 2020
ASSIGNMENT: 12 Month
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: This secretarial work involves duties designed to assist an Associate Principal with routine administrative details. The Secretary to an Associate Principal may also perform secretarial tasks for other administrators, and is expected to assume the responsibilities of the Principal’s Secretary in his/her absence and provide assistance to divisions.
There is contact with staff, students, parents and the general public. This employee must possess organizational skills, develop an overview of the total school operations, exercise initiative, independent judgment, and discretion in performing duties, while keeping informed of new procedures. This position requires the employee to maintain confidentiality.
High school diploma or equivalent, preferred.
Must have clerical experience; district experience and business/technical training preferred.
Must have knowledge of computers, office practices, procedures, and additional equipment.
Must keyboard accurately and efficiently, as well as use various types of software applications.
Must organize work flow to meet deadlines.
Must have mathematical/statistical ability to maintain detailed records.
Must have strong organizational, communication, and public relations skills.
Must demonstrate appropriate interpersonal skills in dealing with staff, students, parents, outside officials/agencies, and the general public.
Must project a positive image of the district as well as exhibit a positive employee attitude.
1. Provides clerical services for the Associate Principal by performing all daily oral and written communication tasks.
2. Provides general school related information. Coordinates substitute teachers for the building.
3. Monitors student transportation services.
4. Maintains Associate Principal files.
5. Maintains staff attendance records.
6. Coordinates student registration process.
7. Performs duties associated with being a member of the main office secretarial team.
8. Monitors board budget accounts.
9. Maintains building key system by assigning, distributing, and tracking keys.
10. Monitors student locker assignments by allocating location and maintaining combination records.
11. Assists with graduation and parent/teacher conferences.
12. Coordinates and organizes awards events.
13. Ensures operation of office equipment.
14. Continues job performance enhancement by participating in appropriate professional growth activities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Apply online
Click on the RED "APPLY" button above to begin an online application.
Please be aware that as a requirement of your application you will be invited to complete a digital interview via RIVS (Interviewstream). The invitation will come to your email and the RIVS (Interviewstream) system gives you ten (10) calendar days to complete the interview from the time the invitation is issued. Keep in mind that the interview must be completed before you can submit your application, even if the interview expiration is beyond the date of the application deadline. Therefore, all your application materials, interview included, must be submitted by the application deadline.
Please email email@example.com to request an extension.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our district.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin,
gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status."