ProSidian is a Management and Operations Consulting Services Firm focusing on providing value to clients through tailored solutions based on industry leading practices. ProSidian services focus on the broad spectrum of Risk Management, Compliance, Business Process, IT Effectiveness, Energy & Sustainability, and Talent Management. We help forward thinking clients solve problems and improve operations.
Launched by former Big 4 Management Consultants; our multidisciplinary teams bring together the talents of nearly 190 professionals nationally to complete a wide variety of engagements for Private Companies, Fortune 1,000 Enterprises, and Government Agencies of all sizes. Our Services are deployed across the enterprise, target drivers of economic profit (growth, margin and efficiency), and are aligned at the intersections of assets, processes, policies and people delivering value.
ProSidian clients represent a broad spectrum of industries to include but are not limited to Energy, Manufacturing, Chemical, Retail, Healthcare, Telecommunications, Hospitality, Pharmaceuticals, Banking & Financial Services, Transportation, Federal and State Government Agencies. Learn More About ProSidian Consulting at www.ProSidian.com.
The contractor for this project will be working for a government agency which is one of three central management agencies of the Federal Government. This agency provides work space, products and services, technology, telecommunications, and management policy for the Federal Government. The administrative services under this agencys regulatory purview include the management of real and personal property, travel and transportation, motor vehicles, and mail. Their organization serves a population of over 11,000 employees, which includes two major services, along with several staff organizations that are focused on achieving a vision of excellence in the business of government. The agency provides these services through the coordinated efforts of multiple regional offices throughout the United States and the headquarter office located in Washington, DC.
- This Administrative Assistant II may have the following duties:
Carries out recurring office procedures independently; Uses judgment and initiate to determine the approach or action to take in non-routine situations; Interprets and adapts guidelines, including unwritten policies, precedents, and practices.
Management of daily meetings, filter content on agenda's for the Administrator and the Commissioner Office. Decides which meeting takes priority or are relevant to the principal mission of the agency. Coordinates White House personnel meetings and meetings between Senators, Mayors, and Congress men/women with agency.
Takes dictation and transcribes notes, researches and creates presentation as well as generates reports and handles multiple projects and performs a variety of tasks at the same time. May assist in compiling and developing the annual budget.
Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the organization. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Requires degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Composes correspondence requiring some understanding of technical matters; may sign for executive when technical or policy content has been authorized; Notes commitments made by executive during meetings and arranges for staff implementation.
Manage the administrative staff giving daily work assignments and guidance as needed. Coordinate office coverage to ensure administrative support during lunch, vacations and emergencies.
- Handles a wide variety of situations and conflicts involving the clerical or administrative functions of the office and may participate in developing the work deadlines
- Composes correspondence requiring some understanding of technical matters
- May sign for executive when technical or policy content has been authorized
- Notes commitments made by executive during meetings and arranges for staff implementation
- Arranges for staff member to represent organization at conferences and meetings
- Establishes appointment priorities, or reschedules or refuses appointments or invitations
- Reads outgoing correspondence for executive's approval and alerts writers to any conflict with the file or departure from policies or executive's viewpoints
- Gives advice to resolve the problems
- Summarizes the content of incoming materials, specially gathered information, or meetings to assist executive
- Coordinates the new information with background office sources; draws attention to important parts or conflicts
- Ensures that requests for action or information are relayed to the appropriate staff member; as needed, interprets request and helps implement action
- Makes sure that information is furnished in timely manner; decides whether executive should be notified of important or emergency matters
- Provides backup support for other administrative support staff, both contractor and Federal employees
- Take detailed messages
- Based on a knowledge of the supervisor's views, composes correspondence on own initiative about administrative matters and general office policies for supervisor's approval
- Anticipates and prepares materials needed by the supervisor for conferences, correspondence, appointments, meetings, telephone calls, etc., and informs supervisor on matters to be considered
- Read publications, regulations, and directives and takes action or refers those that are important to the supervisor and staff
- Prepares special or one-time reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries, selecting relevant information from a variety of sources such as reports, documents, correspondence, other offices, etc., under general directions
- Advises secretaries in subordinate offices on new procedures; requests information needed from the subordinate office(s) for periodic or special conferences, reports, inquiries etc.
- Shifts clerical staff to accommodate workload needs. Prepare correspondence in final form from draft or handwritten material, letters, memorandums, forms, reports, studies, vacancy announcements, position descriptions, specifications, legal documents, and other types of documents
- Review documents to ensure compliance with agency guidelines and procedures, and standards for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and format prior to finalizing
- Ensure all enclosures, attachments, courtesy copies, and blind copies are included with outgoing correspondence and make copies as necessary
- Maintain suspense records on action items and follow up to ensure timely reply and/or action
- Make travel arrangements considering regulations, routes, cost containment, availability and conveyance. Complete travel forms and/or enter in electronic travel system. Notify personnel of travel arrangements and prepare written itineraries; Make arrangements for training and complete training forms; Make arrangements for conferences and meetings, including scheduling appointments and assembling background materials; maintain conference room calendar of scheduled meetings; and ensure conference rooms and lobby areas are properly arranged. Input electronic time and attendance reports
- File documents, correspondence, forms, etc. Update and organize existing files; Close out files and prepare to move to records center or other storage
- Schedule vehicles which are available from the motor pool; Receive and distribute faxes to employees.
- Process overnight mail; Maintain current telephone listings and employee distribution lists; Review all incoming correspondence to determine proper routing; establish and maintain working files; draft a variety of correspondence or documentation from oral instruction or rough draft; and other administrative support functions as required by agency organizations.
- High School/GED
- More than 5 years of field experience
- High level of computer skills including, strong use of email, ability to download documents, set up worksheets and reformat, as necessary
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to assist with reservations to include locating time slots, dates and rooms for 8 conference rooms
- Teamwork ability to foster teamwork collaboratively as a participant, and effectively as a team leader
- Leadership ability to guide and lead colleagues on projects and initiatives
- Business Acumen understanding and insight into how organizations perform, including business processes, data, systems, and people
- Communication ability to effectively communicate to stakeholders of all levels
- Motivation persistent in pursuit of quality and optimal client and company solutions
- Agility ability to quickly understand and transition between different projects, concepts, initiatives, or work streams
- Judgment exercises prudence and insight in decision-making process while mindful of other stakeholders and long-term ramifications
- Organization ability to manage projects and activity, and prioritize tasks
BENEFITS AND HIGHLIGHTS
At ProSidian, we invest in our employees to help them stay healthy and achieve work-life balance.Our growing list of benefits currently include the following for Full Time Employees:
Competitive Compensation:Pay range begins in the competitive ranges with Group Health Benefits, Pre-tax Employee Benefits, and Performance Incentives.
Group Health Insurance Benefits:
Medical:ProSidian partners with BC/BS, to offer a range of medical plans, including high-deductible health plans or PPOs.
Dental:ProSidian dental carriers - Delta, Aetna, Guardian, and MetLife.
Vision:ProSidian offers high/low vision plans through 2 carriers: Aetna and VSP.
For medical and dental benefits, the Company contributes a fixed dollar amount each month towards the plan you elect. Contributions are deducted on a Pre-tax basis.
401(k) Retirement Savings Plan:401(k) Retirement Savings Plans help you save for your retirement for eligible employees.A range of investment options are available with a personal financial planner to assist you. The Plan is a pre-tax Safe Harbor 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a company match.
Vacation and Paid Time-Off (PTO) Benefits:Eligible employees use PTO for vacation, a doctors appointment, or any number of events in your life.Currently these benefits include Vacation/Sick days 2 weeks/3 days | Holidays - 10 ProSidian and Government Days are given.
Pre-Tax Payment Programs:Pre-Tax Payment Programs currently exist in the form of a Premium Only Plan (POP).These Plans offer a full Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Plan and a tax benefit for eligible employees.
Purchasing Discounts & Savings Plans:We want you to achieve financial success. We offer a Purchasing Discounts & Savings Plan through The Corporate Perks Benefit Program. This provides special discounts for eligible employees on products and services you buy on a daily basis.
Security Clearance:Due to the nature of our consulting engagements there are Security Clearance requirements for Engagement Teams handling sensitive Engagements in the Federal Marketplace.A Security Clearance is a valued asset in your professional portfolio and adds to your credentials.
Leverage-ableExperience and Thought Leadership:By collaborating with firm leadership, other members of the team, as well as Fellows and collaborating partners in what is a flat organization, you'll make valuable professional connections, gain experience, and contribute to Thought Leadership while you build a basket of marketable experiences.
ProSidian Employee & Contractor Referral Bonus Program:ProSidian Consulting will pay up to 5k for all referrals employed for 90 days for candidates submitted through our Referral Program.
Performance Incentives:Due to the nature of our consulting engagements there are performance incentives associated with each new client that each employee works to pursue and support.
Flexible Spending Account:FSAs help you pay for eligible out-of-pocket health care and dependent day care expenses on a pre-tax basis. You determine your projected expenses for the Plan Year and then elect to set aside a portion of each paycheck into your FSA.
Supplemental Life/Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance :If you want extra protection for yourself and your eligible dependents, you have the option to elect supplemental life insurance.D&D covers death or dismemberment from an accident only.
Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance: Disability insurance plans are designed to provide income protection while you recover from a disability.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION - The Best Way To Apply
ProSidian Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ProSidian Consulting has made a pledge to the Hiring Our Heroes Program of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation and the I Hire Military Initiative of The North Carolina Military Business Center (NCMBC) for the State of North Carolina. All applicants are encouraged to apply regardless of Veteran Status.
Furthermore, we believe in "HONOR ABOVE ALL" - be successful while doing things the right way. The pride comes out of the challenge; the reward is excellence in the work. FOR EASY APPLICATION USE OUR CAREER SITE LOCATED ON http://www.ProSidian.com/ OR SEND YOUR RESUMES, BIOS, AND SALARY EXPECTATION / RATES TO CAREERS @PROSIDIAN.COM. ONLY CANDIDATES WITH REQUIRED CRITERIA ARE CONSIDERED. Be sure to place the job reference code in the subject line of your email. Be sure to include your name, address, telephone number, total compensation package, employment history, and educational credentials.