WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
Michael Baker International understands that people require choices in where they want to begin to build a sustainable future. For more than 75 years, Michael Baker International has maintained an entrepreneurial work environment that fosters great careers, which ultimately has brought great success to the organization. Michael Baker offers many opportunities to help you grow professionally to build your career. Whether it is in Finance, IT, Human Resources, Technology, Communications, Proposal Production, Legal or our National Practice and Market segments, take your next step with us and help make a difference in the lives of those you work with and those we serve.
Provides Administrative Support for Regional staff. Under minimal direction, will carry out communications initiatives including presentations, blogging, power point creation, enterprise-wide email correspondence, and other highly visible product.
- Design and format reports, forms, correspondence, utilizing the firm's standard and highest possible quality orientation
- Create, format, type, edit, proof, and finalize reports and presentations with great attention to detail using extensive experience with Microsoft Excel, Word (including Mail Merge), and Power Point.
- Open, sort, review, and organize incoming, outgoing mail and correspondence. Independently draft/compose routine letters and general correspondence (including email) from verbal direction or from knowledge of processes and procedures.
- Work on a variety of special projects as needed with multi-tasking as necessary.
- Coordinate arrangements for internal/external meetings, conference calls, compline and disseminate materials for meetings and calls as required.
- Prepare and schedule activities such as travel arrangements, internal and external business meetings, client of third-party appointments, conferences and general office events, including scheduling of conference room use.
- Monitoring expenses for the office with responsibility to budget adherence, review and coordinate approval of all expenses including processing accounts payable invoices.
- May also attend meetings and distribute minutes.
- Works collaboratively to support proposal teams to prepare winning proposals, presentations, and award submissions.
- Supports the proposal lead in production efforts, including: attend kick off meeting, complete tasks assigned responsibilities and adhere to production schedule; assist technical capture manager in developing win themes; text review/edit/formatting; participate with document reviews.
- Attends business development meetings, supports development of content for proposals, and creates marketing collateral.
- Utilizes task management, best practices tools, and communication skills to manage, organize, and prioritize multiple assignments and meet competing deadlines. Promptly reports to issues and asks for help.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent work experience; and at least 2-5 years of related experience.
- You'll need to be outgoing, organized and assertive.
- Excellent English language skills, written and verbal, are essential to success in this role.
- Must be able to quickly get up to speed on our policies, procedures and databases and acquire an understanding of the company's service offerings.
- Strong computer skills & Microsoft Office.
- Prior experience within the Architecture, Engineering or Construction industries is preferable.
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.