Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you’ve come to the right place!
Since 1922, Granite Construction has continued its long standing commitment to building some of America’s largest infrastructure projects including highways, bridges, dams, rail, and power. Recognized as one of the top 25 largest construction companies in the U.S., Granite specializes in complex infrastructure projects and provides award-winning construction services in mining, earthwork, water/sewer, power, tunneling, rail, highway and bridge construction. Granite also produces construction materials-sand, gravel, ready-mix, recycled asphalt product and asphalt concrete, and is a proven leader in alternative procurement project delivery.
At Granite, our employees are our most valued asset and we are passionate about retaining, developing, and recruiting the best talent available. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability Safety and Citizenshipand we are continuously looking for individuals who possess a winning attitude and share our Core Values. In exchange, we help you build a career that no other company can duplicate. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. Add our award winning safety program, ethics, reputation, and a commitment to continuous improvement and you’ll see that we are building more than infrastructure—together, we are building your future.
This position is responsible for independently managing the administrative functions for the EVP, Chief Operating Officer (COO) and SVP, Chief Financial Officer (CFO), including the execution of his/her day to day operations, acting as a liaison to senior management and coordinating special projects to ensure the departments run efficiently. This position may be required to travel to accompany the COO or CFO to certain events as needed.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Under little to no supervision perform a variety of complex and specialized administrative and office support functions to ensure the daily operations of the office run efficiently and professionally
- Draft, edit and distribute correspondence for COO and CFO to ensure timely and accurate communications to employees, direct reports, other members of management, and outside stakeholders
- Prepare and coordinate presentations and briefing material, of a highly confidential nature, for use at Board and Committee meetings, and other management team meetings to ensure accurate and comprehensible reporting
- Manage the executives’ calendars (including travel arrangements) and documents requiring review/approval (including staff timekeeping requirements)
- Schedule and coordinate, both internal and external, meetings and conferences (including meeting invites, agendas, materials, food/refreshment, meeting minutes) and monitor project progress for the executives’ to ensure project deadlines are met
- Manage and coordinate departmental expenses (including credit card expenses/receipts) to ensure accurate accounting and budgeting
- Liaison with other members of management and staff regarding all important information.
- Serve as the point person for all telephone and mail inquiries for the executives’ to ensure all matters of significance are brought to their attention and that outstanding customer service is provided to all customers (internal and external) and the public
- Collaborate with other administrative staff on company-wide projects/initiatives and industry association support as needed/assigned
- Assist executives, managers or other staff with their daily functions to ensure timely signatures on contracts, legal and Board-related documents, etc. to ensure department goals are achieved and all requests are responded to in a timely manner. #LI-ML1
- Associates degree or equivalent experience required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 7+ years of increasingly responsible office administrative experience with a min of 3 yrs experience at the executive level
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Demonstrated project management skills along with a high level of proficiency with MS Office Suite and the ability to learn new software quickly
- Strong problem-solving skills, with demonstrated ability to provide creative solutions to real-time challenges with consistent follow through
- Attention to detail/accuracy, quick learner and internally motivated to seek out answers, generate ideas, and develop new skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively disseminate information and convey concepts, ideas and information to all levels of employees
- Ability to set priorities, organize work and work in high production environment while responding quickly and effectively under pressure, changing priorities and tight timelines/deadlines
- Excellent consultative and communication skills and ability to interface effectively with all levels of employees, management and external customers
- Team player who can operate effectively within a matrix management environment
- Ability to work well with all levels of staff as well as external customers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment
- Ability and willingness to abide by Granite’s Code of Conduct on a daily basis
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive
- Travel, some overnight, may be required
- Must be flexible and available to work evenings and weekends as needed
About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the Samp;P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please click here.
Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.AdministrationAdministrationFull-time