Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
About the Role
In this position, you will be a member of the US Corporate Accounts and Healthcare Solutions team. Primary focus areas include providing comprehensive administrative support to the Marlborough-based management team. Varying levels of project support may also be required, working under limited supervision with general instructions given on new assignments. This position is viewed as key functiona administrative resource within the briader CA & HCS team.
Your Responsibilities include:
- Perform general administrative duties that will include arranging travel, preparing expense reports, coordinating meetings and appointments, scanning, photocopying and ordering/maintaining supplies
- Schedule appointments and meetings; maintain up-to-date appointment calendars; ensure that the supported management team is informed at all times of scheduled commitments. Creative use of Microsoft Office technology and Microsoft 365 tools to enable effective and efficient meetings between BSC facilities.
- Serve as a point of contact for office visitors. Visitors are frequently within and outside the BSCI organization.
- Plan and coordinate internal meetings and events by coordinating calendars, scheduling catering, ordering audio-visual equipment and working with facilities to ensure room configurations.
- Leverage available communications capabilities to reduce costs and maximize efficiency
- Manage work in a confidential manner, ensuring information is shared individuals in an appropriate manner; provides guidance to peers as necessary regarding proprietary information.
- Conduct all aspects of the job with appropriate level of confidentiality and sensitivity to employee and organizational data by storing documents carefully and not disclosing confidential information except on a need to know basis
- Act as an informed source of company policies and procedures by answering routine questions or routing to appropriate employees for answers. Answers complex functional questions that may require additional research and follow-up.
- Translate thoughts into documents (letters/memos/presentations, etc.) using existing material; ensure documents are logical and complete as well as accurate in grammar and spelling; makes suggestions for improvements in existing communications.
- Using company systems, prepare purchase orders and process invoices for externally sourced work.
- Take lead on onboarding of new employees including ordering all supplies and access to all appropriate systems
- Function as a "go to" person for full Marlborough based team. Enable team success as a steward of BSC proceess and resources
- Provide high level administrative support for new Microsoft 365 applications, including the transition from Box and managing new and existing users to new tools, applications and technology..
- Anticipate and coordinate projects/assignments, organize own schedule, and that of others, to meet deadlines. May gather and prepare data in preparation of upcoming projects; identifies future needs to complete projects.
- Assist in establishing office policies and procedures, and coordinate special projects and department activities
What we are looking for in you:
- 3+ years work experience supporting Senior level management in a fast paced organization
- Previous administrative assistant experience supporting multiple team members within a sales and/or marketing organization, including team event/meeting coordination
- Advanced Excel & PowerPoint & Microsoft 365 tools– position may generate reports and graphs and aid in creating presentations
- Ability to multitask and self-prioritize requests coming from multiple people
- Self-starter – ability to take on new defined tasks
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) and interpersonal skills with ability to work across multiple levels of a sales organization
- Bachelors Degree
- Healthcare experience
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Requisition ID: 444821