I. TITLE: Administrative Assistant (In-House Temp)
II. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- A High School diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years administrative experience
- Superior computer skills including typing, email, word processing and data entry ability as determined by specific job requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in working with children and families preferred
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Bilingual English/Spanish
III. REPORTS TO: Supervisory- or Management-Level Staff Member
IV. POSITION DESCRIPTION:
V. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers telephone, takes messages and reroutes calls as needed, covering reception desk during lunches and breaks
- Types correspondence, forms, reports, flyers, etc.
- Maintains files of all cases and coordinates with supervisor and program staff regarding forms and necessary paperwork/information needed to maintenance of client files.
- Creates and maintains files and records.
- Inputs client and services data and maintains database files as required
- Sends out and tracks various letters, records and documents.
- Inventories, orders and/or purchases needed office supplies and equipment with necessary approval.
- Maintains confidentiality in matters of agency operations, personnel, and clients.
- Maintains positive communications with all agency staff, clients and visitors.
- Exercises good judgment in performance of duties and responsibilities
- Supports existing agency policies, principles and mission.
- Other related duties as assigned.