This position is currently located in Westlake near Barton Creek Mall on S Capital of Texas Highway. The position will be relocating to our new Headquarters building in North Austin towards the beginning to mid-2020. The location will be in Research Park and is located near Oak Knoll & 183.
Schedule: Full-Time availability to work 40 hours per week during the business hours between 8:00AM-5:00PM Monday through Friday.
We are currently seeking an entry-level Administrative Assistant (Insurance Services) to provide basic office support to our Insurance Services and Senior Administration Departments. Under general supervision, you will assist with the day-to-day routine administrative and reception duties in support of the office by answering calls, handling information requests, ordering supplies and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, copying, filing, faxing, mailing and scheduling meetings. You must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and be comfortable communicating with all levels of management.
Essential Responsibilities of an Administrative Assistant (Insurance Services) at UHCU:
- Provide support for Senior Administrative Offices, directing calls as needed.
- Greet visitors, members and vendors visiting the area.
- Assist with Administrative staff meetings and events, including Board Meetings, as directed.
- Assist with Team United Heritage and Charity Foundation meetings, events, and scholarship program as directed.
- Respond to a high volume of email correspondence in a professional manner.
- Prepare and present projects and reports as requested.
- Run errands, handle packages, and order supplies as needed.
Insurance Services Duties:
- Support and service a wide range of personal lines accounts. This will necessitate: (1) training on insurance program specific software systems. (2) Gaining knowledge on products offered through the CUSO.
- Support agents in their selling process.
- Assist customers with claims information and direction, serving as a liaison between customers and carriers.
- Answer and direct incoming calls as required.
- Review and direct incoming web applications.
What you will need to succeed:
- Proficient skill level and experience in Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to multitask with excellent time-management skills.
- Flexibility and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High school and/or G.E.D. equivalent required.
- Minimum 6-12 months experience answering and directing calls required.
- Minimum 6-12 months customer service experience in a professional environment required.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, basic Excel and other Office product experience required.
- Minimum 6-12 months clerical or data entry experience preferred.
- Non-profit fundraising and/or event planning experience preferred.
- Experience with Board of Directors relations and professional communications preferred.
- Experience with customer relationship management systems preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) helpful.
UHCU has been in the community for over 60 years, providing superior, personalized service to our members. Founded in 1957, we are an Austin-based credit union with over $1 Billion in assets, 12 branches located throughout Austin and Tyler, Texas, and approximately 210 employees. Our team members voted us as one of the Austin-American Statesman's Top Workplaces for six consecutive years. UHCU goes above and beyond to cultivate a culture of integrity and innovation. Being part of our credit union means being part of our community.
- Competitive Benefits Package
- 401(k) options (Pre-Tax and/or Roth)
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- Education Reimbursement Program