$16.80 per hour. This is an on-call position. Work hours may vary
Catholic Community Services of King County offers an array of programs and services to help people in poverty. Several programs operate out of the Kent Family Center including: the South King County Emergency Shelters, the Emergency Assistance Program, the Housing and Essential Needs Program, Volunteer Services, Supportive Services for Veteran Families, transitional housing programs for single adults and families, and others. The Kent Family Center is committed to serve those most vulnerable and in need, and to change systems that cause discrimination, suffering and oppression due to age, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
Provide front desk and facilities administration support
- Greet and direct clients and visitors in a professional and welcoming manner.
- Monitor and direct incoming phone calls to the South King County Family Center.
- Hand out program applications and make referrals to resources.
- Coordinate the meeting room reservations.
Provide walk-in clients with available donations.
- Meet the needs of walk-in clients by disbursing bus tickets, hygiene and other miscellaneous items.
- Complete the necessary documentation for donations.
Daily maintenance and staff support for the copier and fax machine
- Support and assist staff with operations of copier and fax machine.
- Call vendors for maintenance and repair needs.
Assist with Family Center mail
- Distribute mail to the Family Center programs.
- Hand out mail to clients from programs.
- Experience working with low-income and homeless populations.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft office applications.
- Fluency in a second language spoken by the clients of the South King County office.
- Associate degree and/or Bachelor’s degree.