Bay Systems in Palo Alto
Administrative Assistant / Office Assistant
This important position is the front desk and first contact a visitor/guest/customer will meet and is also the initial representation of Bay Systems image. The expectation is to maintain professionalism at all times. Qualities include: attentiveness, a well-groomed appearance, initiative, maturity, tact, diplomacy, respect for confidentiality and discretion, and a positive attitude.
- Welcome visitors by warmly greeting them, in person, or on the telephone;
- Answering or referring inquiries-Take and relay messages-
- Coordinate mail flow in and out of office-
- Collect and distribute parcels and other mail-
- Perform basic clerical duties, which will include scanning projects-
- Making coffee, restocking refrigerator and snack items throughout the day; tidying up, and other duties as needed.
- Loading copy and printer machines twice daily (or more if the office is really busy);
- Ordering office supplies as needed-
- Various other duties as assigned, e.g., calling Landlord for office repairs, copy machine rep when machine is down, etc.-
- Maintaining a log of phone calls and Mail-Helping set up various meetings, which can include setup and breakdown of lunches.
- Tracking Executive Travel and file Travel/Expense reports for two executives.
- 1 to 3 years Office Experience
- Clear Communication Skills (Written and Oral)
- Minimum, High School Diploma, some College preferred
- Experience in the government sector is desirable
- Must be a team player and proactive
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Extremely organized and can multi-tasking skills
- Desirable personality and excellent work ethic
- Able to interact with and respect professionals at all levels
- Microsoft Office proficient on MacOS
Due to likely regular Gov't Facility attendance, US Citizenship or Green Card is a work authorization requirement.
Office / Administrative Assistant