TITLE: Administrative Assistant
LOCATION: 71 West 23rd Street
POSITION STATUS: Full Time
REPORTS TO: AVP, Grants Management
DEPARTMENT: Business Operations
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Assist all office operations, including attendance and payroll functions, electronic and paper filing systems, office equipment and supplies, workflow and productivity of support staff, processing of invoices, and the provision of billing documentation to finance personnel. Provides administrative and secretarial support to the Primary Care Department.
� Develop and maintain organized and user-friendly paper and electronic filing systems. Assist the Vice President of Clinical Operations in organizing, retaining and accessing files.
- Prepare and process timekeeping and payroll records for Primary Care employees in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
- Assure adequate inventory of and appropriate distribution of stationery, forms, manuals, office supplies, services and equipment. Prepares purchasing requisitions and payment requests.
- Monitor the operation of office equipment, such as computers, photo copy and fax machines and other office equipment, and initiate service requests
- Verify the accuracy of all vendor invoices received for Primary Care, supplies, equipment and services.
- Maintain thorough and up-to-date contact information and contract documents for vendors.
- Schedule and cancels and follow up on department meetings, conference calls, events and appointments, as requested, using proper judgment as to time and location
- Screen incoming calls and visits to the Vice President of Clinical Operations as appropriate, provide requested information, take messages or redirect inquiries to the ppropriate office.
- Develop and maintain written procedures, subject to approval of Vice President of Clinical Operations or designee, for collection, sorting and distribution of mail agency wide.
- Assist department Coordinators with work flow, assign work to and assure day-to-day productivity of the Receptionist
- In cooperation with the Maintenance/Building Services Worker and Housekeeping ensures the maintenance of a clean and safe physical environment and assures that required physical plant repairs are made in a timely manner.
- Open and sort Director�s mail. Compose routine correspondence, using accepted business formats and styles, from general oral instructions.
- Design and conduct new employee orientation activities covering office and time/leave procedures.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date on-site personnel records of active employees. Prepare and assure accuracy of hiring and termination paperwork for new and departing employees, including Personnel Transaction Forms, applications, references and resignation letters. Assures that departing employees return all company property and records receipt of same.
- Maintain an up-to-date written telephone directory for all Primary Care personnel agency wide. Obtain and maintain address/telephone directories for all HELP/PSI Services Corporation locations for use in the Primary Care sites.
- Transcribe, prepare, type and distribute business documents including but not limited to memos, correspondence, reports, proposals, presentations, policies, procedures and meeting minutes utilizing Microsoft Office Suite computer programs.
- Execute special projects as directed by the Vice President of Clinical Operations
- Provide reception/switchboard coverage in the absence of the Receptionist/Data Entry Personnel
- Performs all related duties, as assigned, or unrelated duties, as requested
The above is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of the job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all the job functions.
AA degree from an accredited college in a business-related field; or certificate in Secretarial Training, Office Systems, Information Processing or equivalent from a recognized technical school or business institute. At least two years of experience in a similar position, reporting to a management-level supervisor and managing operations of small- to mid-size administrative office (10-50 people).