McKim & Creed is a unique, employee-owned firm. First and foremost, we value people. This means we not only hire great talent, we’ve also created an environment where each individual can grow, flourish and apply innovative thinking. As a result, we’ve created a world-class team of professionals within a nimble organization. That’s what our clients want. That’s why we succeed. Our clients hire us because of our people.
McKim & Creed has a reputation for state-of-the-art design of facilities that treat, preserve and conserve the earth’s finite water resources and optimize existing infrastructure and resources. Our highly respected teams of engineers and surveyors are committed to the innovation, sustainability and resource efficiencies that lead to a cleaner, safer and more sustainable future while helping communities leverage their infrastructure.
We have an exciting opportunity to joinour Water team. If you want to work at a company that will help you become the best you can be, we’re glad you found McKim & Creed.
- Answer phone system, greet and direct visitors and clients, mail couriers, use/maintain voicemail system, leave and set up group messages, coordinate conference room, maintain entry area for neatness and keep daily and weekly track of employee's whereabouts.
- Assist engineering project managers and field staff with various administrative functions such as filing, data entry, letter preparation and mailing, running errands andprovide meeting and travel coordination.
- Frequently interacts with all levels of management and employees and occasionally interacts with clients and outside vendors.
- Produces letters, memos and correspondence; prepares forms, tables, spreadsheets and other business typing.
- Finalizes reports, proposals, meeting minutes, agreements and similar documents drafted by the project staff and maintains project files.
- Prepares and finalizes technical specifications and contract documents; Coordinates issuance of advertisement-for-bids; Maintains bidders log and similar duties.
- Prepares and finalizes permit application packages on engineering projects.
- Coordinates mail and delivery services.
- Maintain project logs (change order preparation and status, permit submittal and status)
- Orders supplies
- Conducts project setups/tracking/closeout
- Must be able to operate office equipment.
- Works with project teams.
- Coordinates in-house meetings including ordering food and beverage service.
- Keep supplies in mail room stocked, coordinate staff meetings and make hotel and car reservations.
- Offers suggestions to supervisor on improvements to the flow of work or making operations flow more smoothly.
- Performs other assigned duties as deemed necessary by supervisor.
- There will be a preset part-time schedule for this position.
- Minimum of 5 years administrative experience required
- Must be professional, trustworthy, self-starter, assertive, detail oriented, flexible to meet deadlines, willing to do a variety of tasks and work independently.
- Must have excellent phone etiquette, experience dealing with the public, good organizational skills, and strong computer skills, including; proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Previous administrative experience working in a civil engineering, architectural, construction or surveying firm is preferred but not required
- Knowledge of Vision software or another CRM system a plus
- Knowledge of BST accounting software and/or proposal preparation skills is a plus.
- Must have a valid driver's license, acceptable motor vehicle record and dependable transportation.
McKim & Creed is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status and maintains a Drug Free Workplace.